Hey I'm kinda new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Cookie

Basically I haven't started anything yet but i just need the whole process clearing up for me
screenshot000123.png

Sure sure my friend just go ahead and ask but there are links here on the site to help you get started on the right foot. Ill see if i can get them for you!

Jacob Cookie, welcome to the 405th. The directions listed are very basic and gloss over several points that will give your suit a lack luster look. The best thing to do is decide which armor your doing first. There are so many of them out there and different variation and game upgrades to choose from, here in the archives. Do some more research on how to go about it. Its a lot of reading and searching of tutorial videos. YouTube is full of those and you can read anything that says "Stuck" here. Its is going to take time......I'm not trying to scare you but w/ patience and more time....you'll get the suit you want. Go ahead and look around and ask questions. Plenty of people here to help guide you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there Jacob. We all started out where you are, with very little knowledge of the processes that go into building armor and costumes. You need to spend some time reading through the various build threads on this forum, and you will learn everything you need to know!

Hi J. Cookie and welcome to the 405th! I read your list of steps and they are good, but very broad. The process you've referenced covers many days of work for a single piece of armor. Just wanted you to know what you're getting into. (On step 4, some people have done that, but for the most part just apply bondo to the outside without mixing it with resin.)

First, do a little bit of looking into these builds because there are other ways to make armor and maybe the other ways, namely foam and 3d printing, might be better for you.

But, if you do want to go ahead with the Pepakura method, then I'd first direct you to the new recruit sticky , in particular the Overview Manual found on that page.

If this still feels like the route you want to go, then here are some videos that are not vague at all. Cereal Kill3r is considered the gold standard in the pepakura method and if you can follow along with him he makes it very easy to accomplish a high quality build.

From there, see what people are currently making, you'll find new techniques and cool modifications by reading through detailed build threads. Many of us have them linked in our signatures.

When you're ready, head over to the file archive and start drooling through all the options of things you can start building right away. If you don't find what you're looking for you can submit a pepakura request in the appropriate thread or learn how to unfold models yourself.

No matter what you choose there is a lot of reading ahead of you. All the information is on this site just waiting to be found. :) Good luck and happy building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back