Matching pair for the chest plate! And others after finishing that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEPAKURA TURTLE

So...after experiencing major difficulties using pepakura for cosplay, since it took me about 10+ minutes just to suit up, and the designs were pretty flawed the way I did it... So I was going to make the chest and probably some parts of the armor foam!...this is a BIG step for me, considering the only time I used foam was for the body armor and fixing random stuff...I'll post some stuff on later...but I need some help with the hot glue...the strings, cracks, and smears are everywhere... so... Will it affect the armor after priming?...the cracks are pretty small though...and will putting the foam in the reverse side with all the bumps affect it too? The front turned out really good, but the back is still work-in-progress... Thanks for the help! I am eyeballing everything and comparing it to my pepakura chestplate right now if that helps anything... The foam I am using is 1 cm think and also .5 cm thick...the 1 cm is for the back and the back of the front's details while the .5 is for covering the front...

Just take your time with the cutting, and make sure to bevel your edges to create clean seams. My entire suit (aside from the helmet) was made freehand without templates that weren't eyeballed by me. It's definitely doable, just take your time!

I don't have any experience in foam, so I can't give advice, other than dido-ing FlyingPhil, take your time. But, I will say, good to see you back Turtle! :)

Whooo...had some guests, couldn't get much done, but here it is, pardon the lightshow, but pretty sure amateur work can't get more obvious then this :D VID_20160821_114534.gif16 - 3.jpg16 - 2.jpg16 - 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back