Spartan Locke Build (Visor & Files Pep/3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner Greenwoo

By the title you can probably guess what I'm looking for I'm looking for a really good HD Pepakura or 3D files for Locke's helmet I've looked everywhere in the files archives and I can't find any. If anyone could helmet that would be a huge help. Also I fell like the visor is gonna be one the hardest parts and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me I noticed that Impact Props did a great job on there Visor they aren't selling any Locke ones and idk how they made it. Again any suggestions would be amazing Thanks :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to 405th! If you can't find files then you can unfold a model yourself or make a request in the request thread. For the visor you can take a ski mask or motorcycle visor or vacuum form your own. For the color you can try certain paints or window film. Also look through the threads, there are a bunch of visor tuts out there. Good luck!

Welcome to 405th! If you can't find files then you can unfold a model yourself or make a request in the request thread. For the visor you can take a ski mask or motorcycle visor or vacuum form your own. For the color you can try certain paints or window film. Also look through the threads, there are a bunch of visor tuts out there. Good luck!

Thanks for help man. You said something about unfolding a model yourself I was just watching videos on how to do that and it seems pretty easy but do u have any idea where I could look or start looking for the model to unfold ?

It might be worth noting if you searched for Locke's helmet that it is not called that. Locke wears the hunter armor variant and subsequent helmet. A nice 3d model of it is sitting in the archives, search "hunter helmet". I've seen it pepped before though so I am surprised that I am not seeing the pdo file. Maybe Chernobyl can chime in if it is still around, I've seen reference back in December of SavedbyGraceG12 saying he was unfolding it.. maybe.. Either way, do lots of reading up on making this stuff, all the information is already on the site just waiting to be learned. :) Good luck and welcome to the 405th!

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be worth noting if you searched for Locke's helmet that it is not called that. Locke wears the hunter armor variant and subsequent helmet. A nice 3d model of it is sitting in the archives, search "hunter helmet". I've seen it pepped before though so I am surprised that I am not seeing the pdo file. Maybe Chernobyl can chime in if it is still around, I've seen reference back in December of SavedbyGraceG12 saying he was unfolding it.. maybe.. Either way, do lots of reading up on making this stuff, all the information is already on the site just waiting to be learned. :) Good luck and welcome to the 405th!

I did mention that I would finish it. But there is good reason that I never got around to finishing it. There is still a butt load of pieces that need to be organized/rearranged in order to make this bad boy pep-able. In its current state its close to being 500 parts. Pretty sure no one wants to pep a helmet with that many pieces. Well, unless your crazy! I guess I'd be the crazy one, cuz I'd be the one to do something like that.

FYI, Crimmson did offer a little more simplified version back in his File it Under Crimmson Thread. The only problem with that though is would need to be Unfolded also.

Here is the current state of where I last left off with the Unfold.
Untitled_zps5m3lj9wu.png

As you can see, its just a pain, and very time consuming. Thats why its on the backburner.

Attachments

• Untitled_zps5m3lj9wu.png
    Untitled_zps5m3lj9wu.png
    307.9 KB · Views: 630

I did mention that I would finish it. But there is good reason that I never got around to finishing it. There is still a butt load of pieces that need to be organized/rearranged in order to make this bad boy pep-able. In its current state its close to being 500 parts. Pretty sure no one wants to pep a helmet with that many pieces. Well, unless your crazy! I guess I'd be the crazy one, cuz I'd be the one to do something like that.

FYI, Crimmson did offer a little more simplified version back in his File it Under Crimmson Thread. The only problem with that though is would need to be Unfolded also.

[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Untitled_zps5m3lj9wu.png[/URL]

As you can see, its just a pain, and very time consuming. Thats why its on the backburner.

OMG !.. I love it 500 piece a 1000 piece I love is there anyway I could get this file ??? [emoji1] I wouldn't even mind unfolding it myself if that is okay with you ? [emoji28]

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Untitled_zps5m3lj9wu.png

Holy cow! That is one detailed pep file. A worthy cause though. I'm sure many people would love to build this. Good luck to Tanner, I hope he is able to follow through on the unfold. Thanks SBG for the work and the follow up.

Just a note to Tanner.. you might want to try unfolding and then actually pepping something simpler and smaller first (if you haven't before). Sometimes there is a disconnect on unfolds from computer screen to actual paper, I've tried pepping things that were unfolded in a way that just didn't go back together right.

To the both of you, a big thanks! As to what PerniciousDuke said, and to which I strongly agree with. If you haven't had the experience with pepping a highly detailed model, there may be some frustrations that come a long with assembling this file. I'll post a link to it here if you like. But fair warning even finishing the Unfold may pose a issue. That chin area is a beast, even for a Unfold!

Holy cow! That is one detailed pep file. A worthy cause though. I'm sure many people would love to build this. Good luck to Tanner, I hope he is able to follow through on the unfold. Thanks SBG for the work and the follow up.

Just a note to Tanner.. you might want to try unfolding and then actually pepping something simpler and smaller first (if you haven't before). Sometimes there is a disconnect on unfolds from computer screen to actual paper, I've tried pepping things that were unfolded in a way that just didn't go back together right.

First off. I'm honestly so happy and amazed by how helpful everyone is on this site. Thanks to all of you and 405th for help me out. To SBG I really hope I get to us this pep file cause it's truly amazing and exactly what I was looking for [emoji1]

Also to PerniciousDuke huge thanks to you to ! and I agree I think I'm just gonna print off one of the more basic helmets to started and learn how to do it then move up from there I really don't wanna rush this build because I want it to look amazing.

Tanner Greenwoo

Your very welcome. Also, I admire your willingness to listen to me and PerniciousDukes advice. In the end, I'm sure your patience will leave you with a good return! In the meantime I will see if I can work on the Unfold a little further, here in there to get it complete. But really, the biggest thanks needs to go to Crimmson for providing the detailed model to work with.

Your very welcome. Also, I admire your willingness to listen to me and PerniciousDukes advice. In the end, I'm sure your patience will leave you with a good return! In the meantime I will see if I can work on the Unfold a little further, here in there to get it complete. But really, the biggest thanks needs to go to Crimmson for providing the detailed model to work with.

Agreed. Thanks Crimmson!

SavedbyGraceG12

How's it coming with the unfolding man ? Sorry for not reply to anything guys I'm out of town and Internet is on and off

Re: Spartan Locke Build (Visor & Files Pep/3D)

SavedbyGraceG12

How's it coming with the unfolding man ? Sorry for not reply to anything guys I'm out of town and Internet is on and off

It's probably going to take a little longer than that. What are you going to try and build first to get your toes wet?
Also, put the @ symbol in front of someones name if you want them to get an alert that you mentioned them.

PerniciousDuke

Thank you I couldn't figure out how to tag some [emoji13] and idk any suggestions I was thinking of like a Magnum or Locke's gauntlets

I'd say a weapon is a little much to start off on. Pepping a fully enclosed model presents some pretty tough challenges. The gauntlets would be a good place to start. Not easy though. I looked at those files and it will be a challenge too, but I think you can do it.

PerniciousDuke

Okay I guess I'll start with those. I'm thinking it's still gonna take me close to a month or 2 to finish both gauntlets. Also.. Thanks for having such high confidence in me [emoji4]

Great advice, Pernicious. Just wish I'd found this thread before I started my Locke helmet (just finished the chin area by the way, made me want to cry) as my first build. :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back