I need help with my visor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan Primer

Hey everyone, I'm wanting to know if anyone has tips on making my own visor! i was gonna use plexy glass, and cut it as the template does, but my Bro said that wouldn't be a good idea. any thoughts?

you have three options when it comes to visors:

1: find a motorcycle visor that matches the curvature of your lens and cut it to fit.

2. Buy a pre made visor from another prop maker.

3. Build a vacuum table and a forming buck and make your own contoured visor!

Do some reading through the forum, and you will find other members that have detailed instructions on how to create your own vacuum tables and visors.

Variation on FlyinPhil's first option.
You can buy a clear helmet safety visor and some mirror window adhesive film.

You will have a decent visor but you may have to hunt down a different coloured film. Most abundant is plain silver. Solution to that is plain old cellophane (that transparent coloured plastic sheets you can get a craft stores). The cellophane will slightly reduce visibility, the more sheets of cellophane you use, the less shapes are definable (tested that personally before applying, one sheet is usually enough to change the colour both externally and internally).

well thanks Phil, I appreciate your feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

okay......I am making a Recruit helmet, so i need that type of visor. maybe they have a kind of template in the archive.

OR, as other option you can use soft-material to make your own visor.

I made my visor with soft materials as an alternative for having no vacuum forming table.

I will do a tutorial, but this is pretty much what I'm using and quickly explained:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the vid, but that wont work cause my visor is bigger then a Scout helmet. Mine is a Recruit helmet. so i will need something else or it will probably sag downward

Well, recruit helmet would work as well, there could be problems with like Hermes/EVA,etc. But Recruit visor is easy too, but well it's up to you.

Good luck.

Maybe a small hint for you: When using a motocyclevisor and you wanna heatform it, then ONLY heat the inside. this way you wont destroy the clear glassoptic on the outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back