DragonCon - 405th Deployment Photos, Photo/Videoshoot [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazedStarbon

RCO
Member DIN
S009
As per discussion with FANGS, this will mirror last year's information compiled by Asgardianhammer and link4044.
Parade Sign-up: see this link: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=46818&page=2&p=764468#post764468

Deployment Photo Opportunity:
(Do what works best for you.) I'm simply offering an opportunity for any member in need.
[Depending on member volume requests, I'm willing to individually send your photos to you via email, otherwise they'll be posted here after the convention for you to grab.]

When / Where:
Option 1: Friday Sept 2, 9:00am -->void unless not in parade.
Option 2: 7:45am - 9:45am - Saturday, Sept. 3rd -> pre-staging area prior to the parade NOT after.

*Keep in mind for all other times organized outside the parade pre-staging area: there will be a 10 minute mercy wait time.
If you won't be marching in the parade, please comment in this thread or message me before 5pm EST, August 31st, so we can schedule a time when you will be in costume.

Photo/Videoshoots:
Location will be above the Peachtree Center Food Court shortly after the parade around 12:30pm. Same as last year, or unless majority vote prefers a different time/location.
No arrangements have been made for a photographer. If anyone reaches out or knows of one, please let us know!
I'll be present to take candid & staged shots, as well as videography for members interested in taking part in a bit of fun.

Update: I'm excited to announce that I've received the green light from Husky Raid to do a live action version of one of their Destiny dance videos.
Two versions will be recorded so if there are any 405th members wanting to take part, please comment below or let me know at the photoshoot. Time-wise, recording will be casual as I'll need to crash the Destiny photoshoot later that afternoon. (Feel free to tag along for some added fun.)
Music will be provided, all costumes are welcome, and expect a fun, laid-back atmosphere!

So, who wants to dance? :cool
Reference video: Saw something weird at Venus Gate Lord...

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually very kind of you! :D
I hope it will be helpful to many people... I believe many people may have problems with deployment photos, and to get them done I imagine could be very cool. :)

Option 2 works for me, I'll be in my Reach ODST. My friend and I would also love to be apart of the Destiny Music video. I'll have my Warlock Costume and she'll have her hunter costume.

1ManBattalion, if you're wanting to be in your Destiny costumes, either try to be at the [Destiny] photoshoot at 2:30pm by the Hilton steps on Saturday, or we can arrange a time for when you'll both be in those costumes for an added bonus.

I'll still be organizing a Halo version on a grander-scale...but that will depend on who, and how many, will be interested. I look forward to meeting you!

Thank you for organizing this. I'll be at either the Friday morning or before the parade. I'll know once Dcon app is out and can schedule my days.

We also have Brian Lansangan, Brilan Imagery lined up for the group photo. He did it last year and offered to do it again this year.

Cant wait!!! Leaving for con tomorrow! My suit is done just gatta post final pics and test fit.
Saturday before the parade works for me as well. Cant wait to meet everyone!!
Side note, I am bringing my Destiny Guardian outfit so let me know if you need one for the dance video. Iv'e also massively practiced all the dances in destiny..,. take that as you will...

Evolver79, so long as one person signs up Friday morning, I'll keep it open. If that's what works for you, please let me know asap. I would highly recommend that if you'll be in the parade with us, to meet me Saturday morning. Snapping pictures and jotting down emails doesn't take long. I'd rather have you all get it done in one area.

For everyone else who will NOT be in the parade but require deployment photos - your deadline to sign-up is tomorrow: August 31, 5pm EST.
If you ARE in the parade - no need to sign up here at this point - just look for a Cortana with a camera at pre-staging. I'll also be at the meeting area in the Marriott around 7:45am for anyone who would like to take advantage before we depart for the parade shuttle.

SpartanJem013, 1ManBattalion, either talk to me about Destiny during pre-staging for the parade, or meet me at the Destiny photoshoot Saturday, 2:30pm by Hilton Steps. :)

So just for clarification we are only meeting up on Saturday morning BEFORE the parade? We're not meeting up at 12:30 above peach tree center like last year?

obellist, at 12:30pm, we'll have the photoshoot above the peachtree center, just like last year :)

So if there isn't enough time pre-parade, I'll be around to continue deployment photos during the photoshoot as well.

Okay because I just heard from Brian that it's going to be at Hardy Ivy park at noon instead. Granted peach tree center is under construction so that might be why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back