From Scratch Destiny Titan Spektar Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

simblarosh

Hey guys, my buddy and I are working on some Destiny armor and have made some pretty good progress with the helmets using EVA foam. We used absolutely no templates and pretty much went off of some reference images for the whole thing. We are going to be starting to finishing and painting of them soon and Ill be sure to post more pics. Oh and I made templates as we went along so I may upload them here for whoever may want them!!!!
IMG_0262.jpgIMG_0260.jpg20160807_201619.jpg20160808_183728.jpg20160816_193250.jpgIMG_0263.jpg

That's some clean cutting and gluing. I can't wait to see what the rest looks like if your helm is already this good.

Side note: What armor were going to try and make? The shape looks like Warlock or Titan.

That's some impressive detailing at first glance. I look forward to see where you take this build.

Ok guys here is a update....I have painted the base coats on in red and white. I used valspar spray paints and for some reason they dried very tacky even after sitting for over 24 hours. So when i then went to tape off the areas I didnt want overspray, to my surprise I peeled off the tape and bam off comes the freaking paint!!! Boy was I pissed, anyway so I decided to try and spray a laquer on there to get rid of the tacky finish. but when i sprayed the laquer on there it did not dry clear but somehow dulled my red......Even more frustration, so I started over and painted the red and white again, but instead of using a valspar laquer I used a krylon crystal clear finish. It worked out alright but the finish is still a bit tacky and Im not sure how to get rid of this...Any suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated, Anyways here are the collage of photos!

20160821_195617.jpg20160821_195624.jpg20160821_195631.jpg

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

Thanks for the complements guys!!! Yea im really happy with it, but there was definitely a ton of work into one of these bad boys,

View attachment chest3.jpgView attachment chest4.jpgView attachment chest6.jpgView attachment chest8.jpg

UPDATE GUYS!!!!

The chest piece is now finished and I have to say Im really happy with the way it turned out. Not bad for using nothing but an image. I have made templates for both the helmet chest and the start of my shoulder pieces so I would be happy to share them if anyone is seriously interested in this build!

Let me know what you guys think, I have thick skin so just shoot me straight.. Thanks guys

I'm loving this! It's refreshing to see something different here on the forums. You've got the paint work down to a science it seems. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you do with this! :D

Thanks Vshore , yea the painting is defintely the funnest part in my opinion. Thats when you really see it come to life and have some character....But believe me its not without its OH ***** moments. I have had alot of problems with the valspar spray paints not wanting to dry correctly and it has caused me some headaches. It is always wanting to dry tacky/ sticky......maybe im doing something wrong...

Thanks for the post!

Wow thats is some great work. Even more if i know this is a freehand... ---------------------> me subscribed :)

Ok guys here is a update....I have painted the base coats on in red and white. I used valspar spray paints and for some reason they dried very tacky even after sitting for over 24 hours. So when i then went to tape off the areas I didnt want overspray, to my surprise I peeled off the tape and bam off comes the freaking paint!!! Boy was I pissed, anyway so I decided to try and spray a laquer on there to get rid of the tacky finish. but when i sprayed the laquer on there it did not dry clear but somehow dulled my red......Even more frustration, so I started over and painted the red and white again, but instead of using a valspar laquer I used a krylon crystal clear finish. It worked out alright but the finish is still a bit tacky and Im not sure how to get rid of this...Any suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated, Anyways here are the collage of photos!

View attachment 30952View attachment 30953View attachment 30954

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

well usually when you paint with foam you have to use plastidip as a sealer/something for the paint to hold onto and peal away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back