Props Halo 4/5 Combat Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclaimara

Sr Member
Member DIN
S713
I like weapons and combat knife is a necessity.

So... Just when I've started working on the costume, I also started working on the combat knife... and the journey has been a royal pain in the butt.

It took me some attempts to get the knife nice. I think it was the third attempt.
I already hardened it. I really wanted the knife to be attached with magnets to the armor because I thought I'd attach it to my shin.
What a stupid idea.
I put the magnets inside, I even filled it whole. But then, guess what happened.
I tested it and the knife fell and BROKE into two parts.
I'm actually glad it happened. Why? Because I was glad I didn't spend more time on it.

DSC00573.JPG

Anyway, many months happened and after more attempts I finally got the knife right.
I was very discouraged by that fail and rather kept working on it in silence in case I'd destroy it. Again.

DSC01076.JPG

Anyway, here it is. I made the handle more profiled and I made the edge of the blade very dull. There are no sharp angles or anything.

DSC01074.JPG

Here is me giving the blade the black layer. Covered all parts with painter's tape.

WP_20160529_13_04_24_Pro.jpg

Finished spraying.

WP_20160527_14_57_47_Pro.jpg

And here is the finished knife. All weathered and such.

DSC01080.JPG

HOWEVER, I'm not finished. After I've done my Magnum pistols, I fell in love with their colors so much that I'm repainting my knife. Already removed all the paint and I'll be sharing progress of me doing a new paintjob soon. :)

Of course. I've forgotten how big pain in the butt the knife was.
I stripped down the paint and primed it. Painted gray. THEN the knife stabbed me in the back - I have no idea why but I used the wrong color of the paint and I totally did NOT see it.
Then again I had to remove the whole paint, prime it and spray paint.

WP_20160822_23_59_14_Pro.jpg

Here it is theoretically finished. I'll sleep now and will look at it tomorrow. Still have to remove the paint from the screws.
However I LOVE the colors. This is how I wanted it to look like.
I don't care if the gray+tan/beige+red skins are nice or ugly - I LOVE them. They look so sexy.

WP_20160823_02_58_38_Pro.jpg

Absolutely stunning. Great Job.

Thank you. :)

I'll be looking forward to your tutorial on weathering. Your techniques are stellar, and i tried to mimic it but failed miserably. Oh nice paint scheme on the guns and knife, they look awesome.

I'll be looking forward to your tutorial on weathering. Your techniques are stellar, and i tried to mimic it but failed miserably. Oh nice paint scheme on the guns and knife, they look awesome.

Thank you very much, I'm happy to hear you like my creations. :)
The tutorial can take some time. :/ I wanted to do it during summer, on one of the costume pieces, but I wanted to finish the costume, so I was just doing all I could to finish...
Helmet is the one thing I still have to do and I will do the tutorial on it. :) It may take some time but it should be end of this year or somewhere next year.

That knife looks amazing. Can you explain what its made of and how you went about shaping it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back