Cherry's Gen-2 Argus Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our own Spacemeat from the Pacific regiment did in depth foam armor tutorials on youtube. He covers a bit more than angellegend's tutorials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our own Spacemeat from the Pacific regiment did in depth foam armor tutorials on youtube. He covers a bit more than angellegend's tutorials.

So he did, and I'm in regular contact with him regarding it.

In other news: finger has finally started to heal. I can type and use my left hand properly again, so build progress may accelerate.

THREAD NECROMANCY POWERS ACTIVATE

Things have been pretty slow due to other obligations I've had within the 405th, but I've spent some time sizing up parts for printing and fabrication (by Pepakura, foam or 3D printing). The bulk of my efforts have been focused on the undersuit, however, and in working out how I'm going to be doing it.

For a self-reference, I've also spent some time with Blender figuring out how to do higher-end render pieces to help myself down the line with quality control. I'm willing to help others with reference material if they need it - examples are below, please PM me if you're interested.

Hopefully my next update comes with some physical content - again, I've been pretty swarmed, and the hunt for employment as well as 405th obligations has sort of swallowed any free time I may usually have had.

Attachments

• render_cherry_back_result.jpg
    render_cherry_back_result.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 193
  • render_cherry_front_result.jpg
    render_cherry_front_result.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 191
  • render_cherry_left_result.jpg
    render_cherry_left_result.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 169
  • render_cherry_right_result.jpg
    render_cherry_right_result.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 166
  • render_cherry_top_result.jpg
    render_cherry_top_result.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 169
I'm really excited about this build! I know you probably already have loads of reference pictures for the undersuit but this was posted on halowaypoint yesterday by one of the devs and I thought it might help you out: https://content.halocdn.com/media/D...t_female-c418e8df93ef422c97c743046ca8d5c8.jpg and https://content.halocdn.com/media/D...uit_male-bc8b3b1b7469434d9b8f18a5bc404307.jpg
Good luck!

I certainly know about it - Grim answered some of my questions in an earlier Waypoint post.

Aah! that's a nice print! what layer height? and wait...there's only one MasterPrinterTheWise, SavedbyGraceG12;)

hehe, good luck!

and, BTW...if you want an SR, and don't want to purchase Mflanny's, I'd love to model a SR to complete this suit.
(once I get a few other models done)
afterwards, the SR could be transformed into the legendary Nornfang!

Do it. Do it now. The 'Nornfang' idea was something I'd considered when this project was still in the concept phase, and I'd absolutely love to get it printed - although I may end up going with the Arrow of Time variant instead.

I'm having a few issues with the helmet - mainly in slight warping on the print, so I'm going to be looking into means and methods for preventing that. The parts I print won't sit flush to each other due to it. I may have to refine the file somewhat, as well.

Oooh, use hair spray, I use a brand called 'aqua net', on the build plate. just use a half-box to make sure the spray doesn't get into the machine parts. the spray gets sticky once the build plate heats up, but doesn't leave a residue. wipe off the build plate with isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface first. I assume both of these items are already in your inventory?:)

if you are having problems, this usually helps. it does for me.

so, now the SR is on my bucket list.:) I'll work on it in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back