Voice Amp Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix89

Hey all, new designer here working on a costume for a convention. I need a real time voice changer built into a mask. The wiring isn't a problem for me, but I purchased a voice Amp that I'm trying to distort the voice on. Is this possible? Or do I need to grab a more expensive version? Mine was rather cheap. Thanks in advance!

There's a little voice modulator that is pretty common usage in the 501st Legion. The iComm Imperial Communication System adds static, distortion and has a bit of frequency modulation to make it sound like you're transmitting over radio. I'm not sure exactly what voice changing you need but this might be a lead in the right direction.

Hey man thanks for the reply. I should be more specific; I'm looking for something to change my voice, for a star wars costume. It's for a sith costume, so I want to sound lower pitched ans "angrier". I bought something advertised as a voice changer, but realized it's actually only a mask amplifier.

A buddy of mine runs a voice changing app linked through his iPhone for his Kylo Ren cosplay. I believe the paid app is about ten bucks(I believe it has 10,000 different voices/accents) , and his amplifier/mic were about $80. He runs it for full convention days, and it sounds awesome. I'll shoot him a message to find out which amp and app he uses, and get back to you shortly!

I've heard of TrooperTalk and TKVoice for iOS through the 501st, a general voice changer though would definitely be something cool especially if it's Android compatible.

Great idea! Turbo, it doesn't seem like those are Android comparable :/ Phil, please let me know! That would probably work perfectly.

I ordered that speaker so we will see how it works. I'm going to mount it inside of a mask to project out of it. Not sure if that will work so close to the mic, but it's not too pricy that it will be a huge loss if that is the case. I got an app called robovox pro, which works well but only has metallic, robot presets (hence the name I suppose) so if anyone knows an app that will handle more that and work in real time I would be very appreciative! Thanks for all the help so far!

I ordered that speaker so we will see how it works. I'm going to mount it inside of a mask to project out of it. Not sure if that will work so close to the mic, but it's not too pricy that it will be a huge loss if that is the case. I got an app called robovox pro, which works well but only has metallic, robot presets (hence the name I suppose) so if anyone knows an app that will handle more that and work in real time I would be very appreciative! Thanks for all the help so far!

Your best luck will be to mount the speaker somewhere in your chest armor. You will get a ton of feedback if you try to mount it on or near your helmet.

So I just ordered this speaker as per my buddy's suggestion, though I got it on eBay for $40 shipped.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007OSRTNW/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_api_poCVxbG6B5M2C

My buddy then runs this mic, because apparently the one that comes with the speaker is worth replacing.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00EO4A7L0/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_api_4oCVxbJDYHSVX

Aaaand this adapter to allow you to run cables both in and out of the iPhone (I'm not sure if all this is doable on an android). A 30 pin to lightning adapter is needed for iPhone 5/6.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005N6ZAT2/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_udp_api_EqCVxbM3WB5XK

It all gets tied together with the Voice Synth app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back