Scaling pep with horns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goboy3133

Hi everyone,
I just got a pepakura file for the Destiny Warlock helmet 'Deathsinger's Gaze', and because the horns on the helmet are taller than the top of the helmet, is there a way I can measure and scale the helmet so that I can size it for my head?

I've got a picture for reference:
4e7f5e509c1e2e252ebf00a782d83ac5.png

Thanks!

Try scaling based upon width instead? That's generally what I do if I'm assembling something that has parts that stick up above the surface of the helmet itself.

Try scaling based upon width instead? That's generally what I do if I'm assembling something that has parts that stick up above the surface of the helmet itself.

I was considering trying that with the neck hole, to see if my head would fit well with that, so I could try that. The only issue is the horns add to the width as well, in fact it adds to all H/W/D :/

I was considering trying that with the neck hole, to see if my head would fit well with that, so I could try that. The only issue is the horns add to the width as well, in fact it adds to all H/W/D :/

If you're using Pepakura Designer 3, I would suggest using the 'Measure Distance Between Points' tool. Measure the distance between where you'd guess your ears to sit on the helmet, add maybe 2mm or so, then give it a shot. Failing that, yes, you could also scale the neck entry hole, though that's perhaps a slightly less-reliable method than measuring the helmet itself.

EDIT: if you can throw me a copy of the file I'll have a go at scaling it roughly for you.

Attachments

• distance tool.JPG
    distance tool.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 184
If you're using Pepakura Designer 3, I would suggest using the 'Measure Distance Between Points' tool. Measure the distance between where you'd guess your ears to sit on the helmet, add maybe 2mm or so, then give it a shot. Failing that, yes, you could also scale the neck entry hole, though that's perhaps a slightly less-reliable method than measuring the helmet itself.

EDIT: if you can throw me a copy of the file I'll have a go at scaling it roughly for you.

I had to upload the file to MEGA, but here's the link: https://mega.nz/#!ckEQBRqB!4_UvbCLlYNCQ1Cs67pPsyYV_ZjwmFuqW-Big4LPbWL0

I'm having a go scaling myself, but I need to get my proper measurements when I get home

I'd measure the between to points the horn and the helmet and then scale the it plus the horn size, how I scaled my Mk V

I had to upload the file to MEGA, but here's the link: https://mega.nz/#!ckEQBRqB!4_UvbCLlYNCQ1Cs67pPsyYV_ZjwmFuqW-Big4LPbWL0

I'm having a go scaling myself, but I need to get my proper measurements when I get home

Thanks. I checked, and.... honestly, the file seems absolutely fine. Opening seems a little small, but that's more a problem with the model itself than with how it's scaled - and, you can always trim the neck hole. Try a build on the default scale first, then see where you need to go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back