Question reguarding Cell phones and wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musha Gundam

Hey Guys and Gals

Quick question, How do you guys store your cell phone and or Wallet on your person while in costume? It'll be my first time going to a convention in a costume like this

I'm planing on mountin my phone in gauntlet so i can still use it if so be
but if think my cousin worked at oz comic con (perth and Sydney) said they had lockers for cosplayers?

Some people either incorporate their phones in to the suit....like on the back of the gauntlet where it is accessible as Spartan55 ​is. Some people have hidden pockets built in to their suits as there may be dead space in there somewhere. Others wear satchels or ammo bags, or med kits that attache to the armor.......there are probably a few more out there but these are the ones that come to mind.

As Dirtdives said, I built holders into my thigh pieces

edf9843c1c5e7dd5f97454aae066129d.jpg

dfba1777c383611d1c3d1199c11c2b11.jpg

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Attachments

• edf9843c1c5e7dd5f97454aae066129d.jpg
    edf9843c1c5e7dd5f97454aae066129d.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 174
  • dfba1777c383611d1c3d1199c11c2b11.jpg
    dfba1777c383611d1c3d1199c11c2b11.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 186
I just hot glued a piece of spandex against the inside of my lift thigh, creating essentially a soft version of what Jme has. It fits my phone, id, credit card, and a bit of cash.

However, since I built my SAW with a hollow magazine, I now toss my cash and cards in that.

I'm a fan of the added pouch method at least for ODST. For my suit I've just removed a section of MOLLE pouches from my paintball chest rig and looped them onto the belt between various plates.

Another good option is having a designated cosplay friend who can carry things for you, help you in and out of armour and make sure that you're not dehydrating/overheating and just in general being a bro.

I like that idea of a compartment in the weapon but what if it gets stolen? Or you accidentally forget it somewhere (neurosis setting in)? You're not getting your leg stolen or lost so...... Jme's got my vote. Going w/ the pocket in the thigh also.

BTW FlyinPhil, what's a "lift thigh"? ;)

I've always had a friend working as a sort of "support crew" whenever i go to cons or cosplay armour. although that's mostly because i've been doing a lot with iron man and BOY you can't see anything out of that helmet! It's probably not the answer you're looking for, but having someone outside of the costume acting as a properly working set of eyes and ears can do wonders for things like pictures, kid wrangling, and even communicating with you (i had a secret-service style earpiece connected to a walkie talkie so my friend could call out kids or people i couldn't see). Just slap a small backpack on em filled with your phone, wallet, some gatorades, and a roll of duct tape and you're golden!

I do like the idea of building it into the armor, might do that with my 2 sets. While that may work for Cell Phones and cards and stuff...What about speakers? so that people can hear you with the helmet on? Do you build those into the armor as well, or just clip it to you?

I'm not sure how to attach the one I have to my MK VI set.

Here's the speaker that I have: https://store.boombotix.com/products/boombot-rex-black

Could always blue tooth if your really wanting to have your phone on you. Me however, I typically have a handler with me just help with photos and nothe running into things I don't see lol.

I have An Aker voice amp. When I used it for my Stormtrooper armour I velcroed it to the inside of the chest piece. I plan on doing the same for my Mark VI.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

I planned on having the speaker removable from the chestpiece as well. I want the sound to come out centered and not from my hip. So I planned on installing a pouch of sorts in the center of the chest and then drilling some tiny holes in a pattern like you would for a speaker. For your speaker since it looks like it is bluetooth you could try searching "bluetooth mic" to use it with your helmet.

For the concealed carrying case, here is a thread for one that I liked a couple months back. Might only work for certain builds, but still a good idea.

It was a huge question for me.
If I had a Marine or ODST costume, it would have been easier - just dump it into a pouch.
However having a GEN2 armor I wanted to hide my things.

I have this pouch. It's quite small, about 15cm long. I wanted a pouch first to attach it to the armor, but then I changed my mind. As I said, I didn't want anything visible.
However, I still want to keep this pouch. It's secure, I can put everything in there - my phone, ID, any cards, tickets, money - EVERYTHING.

pouch.JPG

Then, one day I've gotten a sudden idea. Place the pouch inside the armor! No one really sees it! :D
It's very secure - I can feel it! It's, well... kinda you could say between my boobs. But, it's secure, I can't loose it. I can easily get it if I need to.

boobs.jpeg

unles you are on a older flip phone. most of the modern smartphones have very good voice rec to the point where Myself I just use that to dial a number or person ect.
put in a well made BT earbud in your lid and volla you can store the phone where ever you want.
wanna get fancy! get a smart watch as a tac pad and its a great small remote interface and screen for a phone.

as for cards. I have my ways ;) upper back near sholder blades is a handy place If you make your own undersuit .

Yeah, as other posters mentioned, adding a little pouch in the thigh on the inside works wonders. I have one for my phone, a little a lot for my keys and my money and credit card goes in my undersuit pockets. It is always nice to be able to have somebody be your handler at events, but sometimes that's not always possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hot glued 2 clip-on phone holders to the inside of my back piece. They have Velcro and can fit my phone and wallet. Unfortunately while wearing the suit my girlfriend has to be the one to take them out and put them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back