need help with a quick fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolantDegree

I have a set of Mk6 armor and everything fits perfectly except for the thigh pieces. Does anyone have any ideas with what I could do to expand the thigh pieces a little. I had the idea that I could split them on the sides and just use gaffers tape to hold the sides together and repair it after the convention.

Maybe a little more description or a picture. I'm going to guess a Halo 3 Mk 6, (Halo 4 is also a Mk 6 and very different). Also, I'm going to guess that the part needing expanding is the larger end. My recommendation would be to buy a yard of vinyl and some thin flexible plastic (even reused like from sour cream containers or something). Now, the slats along the inner thighs are actually meant to be a flexible material. Cut out the plastic to the shape of each slat and then wrap in vinyl. Again though I'm more or less guessing and it's not a quick fix but a pretty snazy one imo. If your problem is that you can't get it past your foot or your knee then yes you would want to split it and there are many options including, buckles, velcro and magnets. Good luck!

Maybe a little more description or a picture. I'm going to guess a Halo 3 Mk 6, (Halo 4 is also a Mk 6 and very different). Also, I'm going to guess that the part needing expanding is the larger end. My recommendation would be to guy buy a yard of vinyl and some thin flexible plastic (even reused like from sour cream containers or something). Now, the slats along the inner thighs are actually meant to be a flexible material. Cut out the plastic to the shape of each slat and then wrap in vinyl. Again though I'm more or less guessing and it's not a quick fix but a pretty snazy one imo. If your problem is that you can't get it past your foot or your knee then yes you would want to split it and there are many options including, buckles, velcro and magnets. Good luck!

its a Halo 3 Mk 6 and I did the trick of the flexible plastic and it worked like a charm so thank you very very very very very much.

Awesome! I'm glad it worked for you. Should be more comfortable to wear as well.

Reactions: Jme
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back