Building Locke armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashgro

Jr Member
Been busy building my locke armor last few months and thought i'd share my prgress here still printing the helmet witch will be molded after.

Photo 03-07-16 19 50 15 (1).jpg
Photo 21-07-16 14 53 44.jpg
Photo 26-07-16 20 44 41.png
Photo 03-08-16 10 57 48.jpgPhoto 03-08-16 10 57 21.jpg
Photo 12-08-16 20 38 06.jpg
Photo 18-08-16 16 46 08.pngPhoto 18-08-16 16 50 24.png

Helmet not dont yet halfway printing and will be molded after
Photo 20-06-16 18 31 15.jpgPhoto 20-06-16 18 46 09 (1).jpg

Man this looks awesome. Is the body armor 3d printed or foam or pep , either way it looks great. Any plans for the under suit.

it foam and i am gona work on a undersuit but have not had the chance money wise to order the stuff i want to use as a base

it foam and i am gona work on a undersuit but have not had the chance money wise to order the stuff i want to use as a base

Kaween just pointed out to me that Zentai Zentai released a Halo undersuit. This is the first affordable Halo undersuit that I have seen and very game accurate too. Customizable colors as well. Although for your build it looks like the one pictured would do pretty well. Nice foam work! I love all the little details.

I would say for Locke another suit is better, the Disguise muscle suit.
Just switch the parts for your own armor parts and IMO it's a way better thing. Also, Locke has different undersuit than normal Spartans.

lolocke.jpg

i saw those also the gray versions but like palmer under this comment said locke has a diffrent undersuit and seen there is so little undersuit to see in this armor im gona make my own

to be honest i am not a fan of using either as an undersuit for this build even though it would look good it feels te much like cheating and also dont like wasting 90 bucks just to cover up my ass XD so ill make my own

Totally agree. While 100$ may not be that much for some people, I still see MANY flaws in that Zentai undersuit. It looks very fake, artificial, with that all artificial lights and shadows. I've seen some people wear it and it looks very weird with the armor, like they photoshopped it. Not to mention that many parts are out of place - the joint parts aren't at joints but rather at forearm, the spine and butt area is SO high almost at your back. In more than few places it's weirdly sewn. The crotch area is way too high.
But, the worst part is it looks artificial and fake as hell together with the armor. In fact, it often looks more detailed or turns away the attention from the armor itself to the undersuit, which it shouldn't do... It should be a small detail, not area of focus - focus should be on armor. :/
But it's just my opinion, I mean no offense.

While I think that muscle suit is a nice base, I totally understand you that you don't want to cheat and good luck!

Photo 22-09-16 16 47 53.jpgprogress on the helmet still need to finish printing clean it and get it molded

That Locke helmet is sick!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Nice job on the armor! It looks really clean and well put together! It's going to look soo good finished, can't wait!

Photo 30-09-16 16 16 51.jpgPhoto 30-09-16 16 17 01 (1).jpg did a test fit today to see what need tweaking before FACTS new undersuit will be here end of the month

Looking great!

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back