Building Locke armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
redid the abb plates and besdes some opening i want to fill up the suit is done time for the helmet
Photo 21-10-16 12 59 31.jpg
Photo 21-10-16 14 13 30.jpg

2 questions: 1, how did you get that hex pattern in to the ab plates? heat up a hex bolt and press it into the foam? 2) The picture of your suit w/o you in it......your suit free stands?

Suit looks FANTASTIC!!! great job.

Dirtdives i made a hexpad printed it and then pressed it on the foam after heathing. and my armor doesnt stand by itselft i made a armor stand out of pvc pipes
Photo 21-10-16 15 44 49.jpg

Photo 21-10-16 15 44 49.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool technique w/ the hex. I figured as much w/ the stand.....it just looks like it's standing on it own....very cool. Great job man.

Reactions: Jme
Nice build!

Pls help me ,I have a missing item from the armor

Missing item:
-abs
-cod
-booth
-shoulder
-hand

Dracke what do you want help with ? if you want templates i cant help you i freehanded the entire build by looking at refferences.

Private Jenkins yes i printed it so it wouddn't work well wel paint though it could work if i either printed the other way arround and used it as a mold for something that did hold paint well or just coathed it with something that does. might look into it

Private Jenkins yes i printed it so it wouddn't work well wel paint though it could work if i either printed the other way arround and used it as a mold for something that did hold paint well or just coathed it with something that does. might look into it

If you applied cork or a similar porous material onto the top of the 3D print It could make a pretty solid stamp for paint. If you had a laser cutter that'd probably be the easiest route but I'm just thinking of gluing a large sheet on over the hex pattern and then cutting out the excess.

peterthethinker exactly what i was thinking but with 343i's new released techsuit refferences i might just make a design to print on a body suit and add details like the spine and stuff on it with foam or silicone.

Well...
...it looks like you've got that project...
...Locke'd in! :cool

Seriously, great job!

:cool YEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

besides the joke still gota smooth the entire helmet and its been a challenge

Damn nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess its time to Locke and load! ahem. my apologies, nice armor you have there sir. I shall be keeping my eyes tracked on this one good chap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back