Reach Jorge 052 WIP --Reasearch and Planning--

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubachris85x

Guess I was convinced to pursue something different for a Halo suit. I've always wanted to do the Master Chief, initially from H3, but of course that has changed since those days. I suppose there's an underlying "too many chiefs" too. I guess I could have interpreted that wrongly as well lol. I've put it off, mainly due to my size (weight). I won't get into that but yea, speaking to a few friends, I think I can manage to get away with a Jorge, even if I drop weight in the future.

Jorge, canonically, is suppose to be 8' tall. As tall as I am, I don't think I could find a practical way of adding 17" to me and looking right, and I'm quite sad about that. I am 6'7" naturally, so I think I can manage to get to 7' if I do it right - approx. 3" into the boots and the helmet can possibly gain another 2". So, as others have said, I'll still tower over most of them

I've been doing some research, got some files I'm looking to utilize for the build (EVA). I'm a bondo and plastic kind of guy, so this will be my first EVA-based build..though I used it once before to make components for a Star Wars Rebels Agent Kallus build for a friend, which I think turned out well considering.

I am not looking to get heavy into this until I complete some other obligations as well as my current ANH Vader, so right now this will be in planning stages (for the most part). I'm still reading some of the tutorials for the builds, the kinds of materials, tools, etc. to get going, so it'll be a learning curve for me.

14310419_10207843504981390_5047960543557946265_o.jpg

Planned components, currently:

Upper body:

- Helmet - Cast resin/Dutch Props
- Torso - EVA w/ possible plastic additions/L3x blu3r1v3r
- Backpack - TBD/Possible scratch build (Piece is also "optional" )
- Shoulder "shields" - TBD/Looking for viable models or may scratch build
- Biceps -EVA/L3x blu3r1v3r
- Forearms - 3D Print/Dutch Props
- Handplates- Tentative/Scratch built
- Mid-section under suit details - (tentative) EVA/L3x blu3r1v3r

Lower body
- Space diaper - EVA/L3x blu3r1v3r
- Thighs - EVA/L3x blu3r1v3r
- Lower legs - EVA/L3x blu3r1v3r (base legs), may need to scratch build the add-ons
- Boots/Foot armor - TBD/May scratch build

Weapon:
BFG - L3x blu3r1v3r''s model (we'll see, that thing looks...."fun" )

Paints/colors:

- TBD. For historical purposes, I'll lay out the paints/colors I use for the build when I get to that point

So yea. Let's see if I can get this started on. Got an actual dedicated work space these days, which is nice...much easier to get stuff worked on

-TC

Been thinking over a few methods to go about the construction.

While the primary components or the main bodies of the armor will comprise mostly of EVA, I'm considering using styrene for the thinner layer details/paneling in lue of using "foamies". The thinner styrene generally is pretty flexibly as it is, so I don't think it'd be too much of an issue. I think my only real concern with it is ensuring proper adhesiveness with the EVA surface.

I'll acquire foam this weekend or next to get things off the ground. Gonna start small, probably with the handplates and biceps and go from there, make it a gradual process..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back