Props FRAG OUT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtdives2424

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Member DIN
S2424
Was just sitting around the other day fiddling w/ one of my kids toys they got from somewhere......? I don't know.........Anyway, I was cleaning up and came across a picture of a HALO frag grenade.....and thought, "Hey, this foam ball is just about the right size".....little EVA foam on the top, some paint (Needs some detailing) and Presto!!..... A nice little frag grenade. Something that can be thrown around the house during NERF battles.

IMG-20160919-01478.jpg Nice little foam globe........transformed in to.........IMG-20160919-01479.jpg a nice little frag grenade. I found some more of these little beauties at the Dollar Tree and picked up 1/2 dz to play around with. Little EVA wedge and trigger switch hot glued to the top. I think if I take a paper clip and open it up and attached it to the top wedge, I will be able to clip it to my suit......if I ever finish it that is. Its a little bigger than a tennis ball. I tried to cut out the exterior shape w/ a hot knife and then hit it w/ a heat gun but it didn't separate like EVA does. Wrong kind of foam for that. So I'll have to do some painting to get the exterior looking a little closer to the game one. But it looks cool and easy to make. And best of all, I also don't have to worry about if it falls on the floor. It will just bounce back up. Or just roll around on the floor........

Thank you. The best part is my kids can paint them how they choose. My daughter is painting a HALO Kitty Pink Frag..........very cute.

So awesome.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back