What do I make 50 posts about in 2 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3 months of being a recruit ends in 2 weeks if I post 50 threads. Unfortunately, I didn't realize these were publicly visible and I feel bad

My 3 months of being a recruit ends in 2 weeks if I post 50 threads. Unfortunately, I didn't realize these were publicly visible and I feel bad

Well... of course they're visible, you numpty. You're posting in the New Recruits section, this is where all New Recruit threads go. And no, you don't need to post fifty threads - you only need fifty posts, in any thread. This doesn't mean you should spam, however. There's absolutely no rush or need to you spamming out posts to become a Full Member - you can still access the Archive, you can still create build threads here in the New Members section, and you can post responses elsewhere in the forums.

Please don't resort to spamming again. Post naturally instead - ask questions, contribute to threads, start your own build thread and post updates in there.

Thanks for being respectful about it. But I sure do feel bad. I don't plan on doing it again

- - - Updated - - -

I'd delete a handful of these if I knew how

Thanks for being respectful about it. But I sure do feel bad. I don't plan on doing it again

- - - Updated - - -

I'd delete a handful of these if I knew how

Unfortunately, user post deletion is disabled, we'll have to get a Staff member in to clear this mess up. It's good to know that you've learned, however, and I hope you'll stick around and get started on some amazing work in the future.

Wait, why is user post deletion disabled? Makes dealing with accidental double posts and situations like this more work than it needs to be...

Wait, why is user post deletion disabled? Makes dealing with accidental double posts and situations like this more work than it needs to be...

When a lot of the founding members and those with the most helpful tutorial posts had a falling out they deleted all their posts so no one could benefit from their knowledge.

When a lot of the founding members and those with the most helpful tutorial posts had a falling out they deleted all their posts so no one could benefit from their knowledge.

I'm pretty sure we've never lost tutorials due to disagreements between our users - we've got tutorials stretching right back to 2008 and earlier, though admittedly a lot of the content is damaged due to time and forum moves. I don't even recall ever having the ability to delete our own posts, although that may be a feature we had when the forum was still hosted on the old IPB platform, way back when. With that said, I presume that the main reason is due to the current forum platform either not supporting self-moderation of posts, or the option not being enabled to prevent the feature from being abused, in much the same way that we haven't enabled the ability for users to lock their own threads.

In long and short: there's no real call for the feature. For the few times where a post does need to be deleted (as opposed to simply edited), it's easy enough to call upon a Staff member to have the matter cleaned up.

It's not just 50 posts for a magic number, it's also relevant posts that add information and valuable insight into the wealth of knowledge that is this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back