Halo 5 month of mythic pation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that petitions will help in this case. If you truly want to show your thoughts on the matter I would advise not buying the packs.

I don't see the problem.. DLCs have always cost money. This specific DLC effects the gameplay along side people who don't have it which could be a problem, but you can get the DLC by playing the game and spending no money... so play the game more! It takes me 5 evenings of playing warzone and arena to get 100,000 reqs.

I doubt that petitions will help in this case. If you truly want to show your thoughts on the matter I would advise not buying the packs.
good point. But it's worth a shot

I don't see the problem.. DLCs have always cost money. This specific DLC effects the gameplay along side people who don't have it which could be a problem, but you can get the DLC by playing the game and spending no money... so play the game more! It takes me 5 evenings of playing warzone and arena to get 100,000 reqs.
Yeah but their is no garrenty that you will get what you want and it took you 5 evenings to get it so wean you get it don't you feel that sense pride that erant it. Also this isn't so much as a dlc but in game purchase

Yeah but their is no guaranty that you will get what you want and it took you 5 evenings to get it so wean you get it don't you feel that sense pride that earned it. Also this isn't so much as a dlc but in game purchase

I definitely feel prideful when I work hard and receive a reward for it. I also love buying things. I just don't see the problem since they give you both options. DLC vs in-game purchase to me is semantics. You're purchasing a certificate so that in the future you can keep getting the content, more content = more money. That is the way of the business and we should just be happy when they give us content for free. Like for instance, I remember buying a Halo 2 map pack disc for $15 and it only included three new multiplayer maps. Now, here we are in Halo 5 and in the second free update where we get two more maps, a new firefight, a new warzone, new weapons.. Just makes me happy to get all that for free. They can do whatever else they want with their micro transactions, I'll either buy them or I won't. They are not going to do anything that makes their game less fun.

I definitely feel prideful when I work hard and receive a reward for it. I also love buying things. I just don't see the problem since they give you both options. DLC vs in-game purchase to me is semantics. You're purchasing a certificate so that in the future you can keep getting the content, more content = more money. That is the way of the business and we should just be happy when they give us content for free. Like for instance, I remember buying a Halo 2 map pack disc for $15 and it only included three new multiplayer maps. Now, here we are in Halo 5 and in the second free update where we get two more maps, a new firefight, a new warzone, new weapons.. Just makes me happy to get all that for free. They can do whatever else they want with their micro transactions, I'll either buy them or I won't. They are not going to do anything that makes their game less fun.
Ok you have your opinion on matter and I have mine we could debate this for days. But really I feel as if I have create a source of hate between us and that I think that i should not of made this thread because all of us here are here because of our love for the game, so as you said we should just be happy with want we have. So if someone who has contact with a admin could get this thred removed, that would be very nice of them
sorry

Spartan55 There is no need to apologize. There is no hate here, only a discussion. I was even going to thank you for bringing it up, Spartan. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious?

While you may not like it, people will buy it if they want it.
This is not a Pay To Win game, it doesn't benefit them in any way. Or it won't automatically make you loose either.

It just helps them to unlock faster the item they wanted.

I completely do not understand the whole outrage.
But on the other side, I don't understand why today people get offended by every damn single thing... or nothing.
It's like, people want to get offended and do dramas.

I have everything unlocked since months, all REQ cards and items. And I didn't spend any single $ on it, just all REQ points.
But, I won't complain about people who want to spend money to make it easier.
If you don't like it, it doesn't give you right to decide for other people...

While I don't like the REQ system and I preferred Halo 4's system a lot more, I don't see point.

Also, where is what reward? REQ system is RNG - it gives you random 'rewards'.
That is no reward. You don't EARN your armor like you did in Halo 4, you just press and wait for the RNG system to randomly give you something.

I don't see point of this outrage... Really.
What I don't like are the real-money-only REQs. Like, you have to buy those special HCS REQs with real money or you'll never unlock those items.

People, especially newcomers like that they can get a hold on a power weapon they wanted to get and don't have to wait weeks or months for it.
Microsoft wouldn't do it if people wouldn't want to buy it.
It doesn't change anything for you - you don't have to buy it. At all. If you don't want.
It won't cause them to automatically win either.
So, why the hate?

But, everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.

Are you serious?

While you may not like it, people will buy it if they want it.
This is not a Pay To Win game, it doesn't benefit them in any way. Or it won't automatically make you loose either.

It just helps them to unlock faster the item they wanted.

I completely do not understand the whole outrage.
But on the other side, I don't understand why today people get offended by every damn single thing... or nothing.
It's like, people want to get offended and do dramas.

I have everything unlocked since months, all REQ cards and items. And I didn't spend any single $ on it, just all REQ points.
But, I won't complain about people who want to spend money to make it easier.
If you don't like it, it doesn't give you right to decide for other people...

While I don't like the REQ system and I preferred Halo 4's system a lot more, I don't see point.

Also, where is what reward? REQ system is RNG - it gives you random 'rewards'.
That is no reward. You don't EARN your armor like you did in Halo 4, you just press and wait for the RNG system to randomly give you something.

I don't see point of this outrage... Really.
What I don't like are the real-money-only REQs. Like, you have to buy those special HCS REQs with real money or you'll never unlock those items.

People, especially newcomers like that they can get a hold on a power weapon they wanted to get and don't have to wait weeks or months for it.
Microsoft wouldn't do it if people wouldn't want to buy it.
It doesn't change anything for you - you don't have to buy it. At all. If you don't want.
It won't cause them to automatically win either.
So, why the hate?

But, everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.
(would make quote smaller if I new how to)

I understand completey want you mean about the buying packs that can be erant but before I talk more about that. I need to clear some thing up. Wean i made this thread I thought that the weapons were exclusive to the pack and that pack could not be erant only brought, the reason I thought this was 1 me being the twit that I can be didn't check the facts and 2 my x box one had broke a week before the month of mythic had started (the warranty on it had also run out). another reason I got confused on what the packs were was that i have , ( and i hate using this as a excuse but it need to be explained) dyslexia,dysgraphia (which is why their are so many grammar and spelling errors in my posts), A.D.D and main reson that I misinterpreted what the packs actually are is because i have aspergers which is hard to explain so I will just leave a link if you are curious http://tonyattwood.com.au/about-aspergers/what-is-aspergers. Ps im not looking for attention I have put this here as a explanation as to why i aked like i do. So yeah it was me being confused then getting upset at something that is not even part of the game. As a extra note i was never mad at anyone or anything i was manily upset (as in little bit mad but manily sad) because i thought 343 were selling out to a quick profit which truns out not to be the case at all. But I still ask that someone could please have this thread taken down please.
ps if i was outraged at this my language would have... Let's put it this way I probably would of been banned for it... I can be a bit of potty mouth

Last edited by a moderator:
Again Spartan55, nobody is mad at you for bringing this up. We're just having a conversation about it. Even though Cm Palmer's rant seems a little heated it is not directed at you. If anything I would see it directed at the person who would go out of their way to make a 30 minute video complaining about something like this. I'm glad to hear you're able to keep it clean because rude language has no place in a discussion.

I think it's an interesting situation, should games be allowed to create micro transactions? In the past most of these transactions have been for aesthetics, which nobody complains about because that is the way of life: make more money and it is easier to look good. Now we're transitioning into this pay to play idea more and more and it is scary. I like how Palmer said, pay to win... That's what we need to look out for. I see this rocket launcher and think, with my track record I would buy it and someone would kill me with a pistol before I even got a shot off. Sure it will get you a few more kills, but it is not a game changer.

But, I think it's good for people to watch dog the game companies for things like this. They already get so much of our money we have to make sure they aren't gouging us.

I wasn't ranting, Duke.
While I dislike the REQ system being just pushing the button to see what the RNG God gives you, I didn't rant, I just... explained. Hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back