Idea that popped into my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrModules

Hello, ill keep this short. i got this new idea (concealed until fully worked out) all i need is help with someone that knows compasses, making, using, replicating (etc)

This may have been accomplished before. But ill try my best. Im also changing my request from a compass expert to a person who knows how to make Apps for iphone (android later)

P.s this is for halo. I just dont want to reveal too much and get hopes up. (doubt i will haha)

Ok, so i hit a standstill. ive figured out the basics for it (please note this may already be done in a different form) First i was going to attempt a HUD feature. Along the top of your visor could be a darker tinted part. On your phone is was going to make a app just like a compass but landscape with North being 0 then going up in 30's until it hits 330 then back to 0. the phone could be placed inside your chest piece facing the general direction you are (though itll only show the degrees your body is facing. the app could link to a Bluetooth mini projector. ive seen them for about 200-300, with modding of a largish helmet im sure one could fit. they then projects to the darker part of your help up top as a navigation tool.
A second idea is the same (app featured, could be different) but say someone made a sqaure sreen about 5x5cm (could be bigger by preference) the app then displays onto the mini screen. (placed on the bottom left of the visor) and act like a hud. The app detects others using the same app and shows where they are (say in a 20/15/10M diameter area and mark it as either a Blue/Red blip (personal choice) and displays this on the mini screen I dont have a apple watch but i know that if you do you can be alerted when a pokemon is nearby. so i figured if the apple watch can use this app to run it while not consuming too much phone power/data and still run the same.

These are just little ideas that popped into my head, they may not be new so i do apologise if this has been discussed before. also i have very little knowledge about most the stuff i said. Thank you very much :)

its an interesting idea i would have used certain arduino with build in gps for it though and made a costum user interface (and have a friend of mine do rhe programming)

Yeah just throwing different perspective out there. incase anyone does know how to fully rig any of it up and share with us. if i was techy then i would make it my day job to find a solution for a working nav system and mini map

minimap is a bit harder just nav that points to your direction isnt the hardest thing to program how you get it to show in yout helmet is projection is a expensive and probebly not that great working idea maybe QR and video glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back