Scaling problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its a spartan armor i woudln't worry to much you can make them a bit bigger then you normally would to feel safe but normally they are pretty big allready with lots of open space (besides my locke corset)

I was going to do the same with my build earlier this year, but I was given some advice by a member I met at a con before I started (I am paraphrasing because I was told this 9 months ago and most of what was said is lost in my memory somewhere).

You should build the parts that will likely interfere with each other. Pieces that will bump into each other first, like the calfs and shins.

I don't know how much you will grow, but thinking about it now, to me, this is not based on science or facts, but it seems that your feet grow the most and that your head grows the least or the slowest. But, it would be easier to remake your feet than your helmet so that might be the best way to go.

As for scaling, there is this formula, I forgot it because it never worked for me. Since the program is in millimeters, measure your body part in millimeters with the help of a friend while looking at some reference pictures. Determine where you want pieces to be. for example, my halo 4 scout forearm parts have little elbow pads sticking out, I looked at reference pictures and determine how much I wanted it to stick out from my actual body. Check out some youtube videos that go more in depth about how to scale.

Also as a side note, It usually takes me a couple times to get the scale right so after I print out the templates I make the majority of it and put it against my body to see if I like the size, if it's too bit then I use the automatic 10% reduce or vice versa if it's too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back