First build Halo CE Mk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, printing full armor takes hundreds of hours. About 1000 hours even. It doesn't require filament only, but also the energy cost and everything else...
Meaning you could rather buy a printer yourself. I'm not an expert on 3d printing though, but those printer kits are amazing judging after their quality of printing - you could save some real money than already assembled printers... leaving you with more options how to optimize and improve. But, assembling yourself can be tricky too.
As you see, even printing alone takes A LOT of time. And money. Meaning you could wait 1-2 weeks for just one piece of armor.
Not even saying you'd have to commission someone who would have to make the 3d file which would be another few hundred...
Maybe just try pepakura - either paper with resin and fiberglass or EVA foam?

Ok so I'm pretty set on 3d printing as well since my printer's trolly af. Does anyone know of any high-res pepakura models? I'm planning on exporting them as an .obj file and then opening them in blender and exporting to .stl format.

Ok so I'm pretty set on 3d printing as well since my printer's trolly af. Does anyone know of any high-res pepakura models? I'm planning on exporting them as an .obj file and then opening them in blender and exporting to .stl format.

that wont work pepekura files dont have walls to print though i guess you could try a shell modifier

In-game assets aren't really good for printing. Did you see how little details they truly have? They are quite chunky. Textures do for all the details and goodness and without that? They are not good.
Especially not from older games.
I wouldn't recommend it, unless you want to use it as a base and then work on the model yourself.

that wont work pepekura files dont have walls to print though i guess you could try a shell modifier

Peterthethinker used a pepakura file and printed his Donut.
While they need some work, they can be used and printed.
Also, Matrotias used pepakura files and modded them, added details and more.

CommanderPalmer

true i just did some testing with it its posible with modification about the game files i allready told and showed him with pictures earlier in this threath,
But the bigger thing here is how his modeling skills are i have been moddeling for a long time Peterthinker also seemed to be well aware of what he was doing. Im not gona recommand anyone somthing without knowing the limits of their skills. since in the other threath i saw he didnt know about infill yet i would actually recommend getting more knowledgable about printing and some smaller projects to discover the limits of printing before attempting a project that will cost a lot of money and time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back