First Build 3D Print File Request (Reach Spartan V Male)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For noble its 4-5 perms ( .4 noz) and 15% infill . I use HEX. .

Chief was solid infill but allmost all the parts were 4mm so then I just backed everyting with fiberglass and epoxy ( this was OK but was IMO a failure )

My covi Elite was 3 mm but I used foam inside .. that was also a failure . I ended up glassing it anyways

I run 200-300 Micron..... all ABS so I can smooth it afterwards with sanding/acetone

peterthethinker chief and elite are interesting ways i asume modified pepekura files?

BlueFire i would wait for his videos if you do you might be able to print your armor soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chief was a file from Kingrahl on thingverse. While It was likely a pep file . its not a .pep "file " it was a STL.

The elite was from H4 game assets that I up converted in blender and other tools. and I made the helm my self in CAD.* based on H2A * face was a halo3 game asset I tweaked and put a rubber mask on .

pretty interesting its not how i would ever do it but if it works and thats the fun of this site in my opinion all the diffrent ways people make armors even if its the same medium

so that should be enough time.

I would tend to disagree with this statement knowing that the majority of 3d printers print at around 60 to 80 mm/second, just in print time you would be far past your goal of having a suit finished by halloween... Now I dont own a 3d printer myself, but just to comme here with arguments I looked up this page to find out data that could help me explain my point.

https://all3dp.com/3d-printing-speed/

On this page you'll learn about average print speed but also get to see charts showing print time for a specific object...

Now in this example they printed a boat at a 100mm/sec on an ultimaker 2 and it took around 2h10... Now considering the scale of this object compared to a whole suit... I doubt so much you'd be sucessfull I'd even challenge you to have your chest piech printed and assembled together by then.

Surely,that is not an impossible task but just thinking about all the steps that follows the printing part ( like, you were planing on bondoing the surfaces to fix some of the surface detail left by the printing process ) or painting the whole piece with the color scheme of your choice, I can see the weeks disapearing slowly... And thats only 5 you have left...

If I can start to make you see a picture, take this last example : on my build, I'm at the part of laying down the basic colors on my helmet... ( Just the helmet ) and I have been at it for almost 3 weeks... It's not because it's hard or anything... It just takes time ! Letting the layers dry, masking ( takes the majority of the time put at the wole task ) and toutching up... Its hard if you work the regular 40h weeks and harder if you go to school...

So yeah, eventhough I did not personaly printed anything yet... I know your goal is rather impossible. Not to be pesimistic in the least bit, just droping some of my own toughts so you are not disapointed in the end :)

It took my chief 3 months . and 5 for the elite and Noble

Unless you are on that machine every time its done you wil burn so much time between prints.

Yes I can pop out a helm in 7 days that also assumes I have ( no life) I am home when its done .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back