Any way to change color of pieces in Pepakura viewer/editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jermithy

I'm working on a pep of a M45 shotgun and it's a rather large and detailed build so I was wondering if there was a way to shade or change the color of individual pieces so I can, in essence, check off the pieces I've done

Not as far as I'm aware, no. If the file is unfolded decently you should be working page-by-page instead of skipping backwards and forwards - otherwise, you could move the pieces you've completed off the pages and save progress as you go.

Not as far as I'm aware, no. If the file is unfolded decently you should be working page-by-page instead of skipping backwards and forwards - otherwise, you could move the pieces you've completed off the pages and save progress as you go.

Well for instance, with the shotgun, I just started at the butt stock, and started working forward

Well for instance, with the shotgun, I just started at the butt stock, and started working forward

That's not what I meant. I usually try to set out my unfolds in a 'logical' manner - page one will start at one area (for example, the stock), page two will follow on from that area further along the assembly (for example, moving from the stock towards the front of the weapon), and so on and so forth in a steady progression. Rather than, for example, page one featuring some pieces from the barrel, some from the sights, some from the stock, then page two follows suit.

If your unfold isn't laid out in a logical fashion, then you may need to follow the suggestion I mentioned, which would be to remove the pieces you've cut from the page layout. That way, the pieces you've already used won't confuse you when it comes to hunting for the next piece.

That's not what I meant. I usually try to set out my unfolds in a 'logical' manner - page one will start at one area (for example, the stock), page two will follow on from that area further along the assembly (for example, moving from the stock towards the front of the weapon), and so on and so forth in a steady progression. Rather than, for example, page one featuring some pieces from the barrel, some from the sights, some from the stock, then page two follows suit.

If your unfold isn't laid out in a logical fashion, then you may need to follow the suggestion I mentioned, which would be to remove the pieces you've cut from the page layout. That way, the pieces you've already used won't confuse you when it comes to hunting for the next piece.

Ohhh I see what you mean. I didn't make the unfold and this is my first build so I'm just kind of winging it..

Because I didn't take the time to lay out my build logically, I've numbered my pages and double check in Pepakura to see what pieces I need to move forward in a particular area and then just draw arrows next to them on the paper. It looks dumb, but it works great and it's a lot easier than scanning the pages for that special face number you need.

There actually is a way, potentially, but I'd have to look and see if it's manipulatable. The theory I have is if the model has materials attached to it, you could potentially make the different parts separate items as you add them to your project and add materials in the menu. Not sure if you can selectively add materials, that's the catch..

Also you could just ctrl+left click each piece as you use them. It will highlight each piece you've selectively chosen and continues to keep previously selected pieces highlighted.

It's possible, just not a permanent possibility.

I may not be understanding the question, but I thought I would add how I handled my last multiple page project.

I went and purchased two boxes of gallon size ziplock bags at the dollar store. (So 20 bags, $2) I wrote "Page (#)" on each one. I cut out all of the pieces on one page and put all the pieces in the corresponding bag. It seems cumbersome, but as long as you have a box to put all the bags into once full it really is quite easy to manage. This then helped when assembling, I didn't have to flip through pages or have half cut out pages that I accidentally threw in the garbage. :facepalm Anyways, I liked how this worked and maybe it might help you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back