Very first (foam) build. DFT ODST(another one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my helmet. Used the DFT templates for the bottom and sides etc. For the top I used a cut baseball helmet, and used 5mm foam for the top. The shield I made from a motorcycle helmet visor. I know the visor looks like garbage, but I plan on covering that was some battle damage. :lol Also need to quick seal, then seal, then paint. Unfortunately it took 2 days because I had to basically start over from my original helmet. I know this is a little too round to be screen accurate and the shield isn't completely right, but overall I think it looks ok.

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 193
  • helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 183
Ok....I skipped a lot of build process as I was running out of time and being a beginner, some things took way longer than I had anticipated. But here is my test fit. It's far from perfect. The shins move a little, but I have a lot of detail pieces to build by this weekend (ammo pouches etc, and the boot plates) Oh and my God, I gotta figure out how to wire a fan for the helmet....Even in AC it's hot as heck. :)

freefall-test-fit.jpgchest-back.jpg

okay so I'm a rookie as well and unfortunately I can't use PapaKura so is there any alternate templates out there for Macs?

Well I didn't use pepakura. I will on my next one I believe. I used a template PDF for this particular suit. If you are very new look up Andrew dft and see if this suits your needs. I like it because it gets me used to working with the foam. This does lack details but a great learning avenue for first timers. That being said. I don't think there are many good non pep templates out there for u to download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back