Need help with paper for Pepakura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before ordering from ebay, I'd suggest looking around a bit more. Cardstock is called "Kartongpapper" in Swedish, so I suspect it'll be similar in Norwegian ^^ Ebay is super tedious to order from especially if you're in Scandinavia, haha. Had to wait 2 weeks for my mirror tint solar film! :D

You need to search for 160gsm - in Europe it's GSM and 160gsm is equivalent of 110lbs.
Though, I personally use 250gsm.
You should find this paper even locally. It's really available in EVERY country.

Sturmwulfe Ahhh, okay gotcha! I'll take another look around! Thanks for the advice!
CommanderPalmer Can I ask you why you prefer 250gsm? :) And also, what kind of 160/250gsm paper.. Sorry if I'm being an idiot, I just want to get it right! .__.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Office and Art Supply stores will stock cardstock/cardpaper. So you should be able to find one of those locally. After that you need to know what your printer can handle. Most can print with the higher GSM papers but not all can. I believe the average home printer can print up to 200gsm (I am not fully sure, I've had a small office printer for the last 5 years so I am rusty on what they can do).

All Office and Art Supply stores will stock cardstock/cardpaper. So you should be able to find one of those locally. After that you need to know what your printer can handle. Most can print with the higher GSM papers but not all can. I believe the average home printer can print up to 200gsm (I am not fully sure, I've had a small office printer for the last 5 years so I am rusty on what they can do).

Yeah, I would think so too. It's just that I have a hard time figuring out what to ask for, people here doesn't seem to know what cardstock/cardpaper is, it is probably really common, just that I haven't found our Norwegian counterpart to it yet. I'll see what I can dig up when I wake up. Irritates me that something so simple is so hard to struggling x_x

You could as for either Matte Photo paper or just ask what if they have the thickest paper a home printer could print. Just try to ask the question in the most direct and simplest form, that should help you find what you want

I prefer 250gsm because it's more stable.
Normally you print in 80-90gsm. 160gsm/110lbs is basically twice as thick.
250gsm is just thicker and therefore more stable. :)

My printer has trouble if I just insert a pile of that paper, but if I insert single sheet in the back, no problems at all.

Also, you should find these papers literally everywhere in your country too.
Go to Office Supplies and just look for printer paper. You'll see that they have different numbers, 80, 90, 160, 200, 250, etc.
Just pick it.
Oh, and I bought paper for laser printer, it said 'color laser 250gsm'. It doesn't change anything though.

If your town or city has a firm that does commercial printing - wedding invitations, calendars, etc - they will most likely sell you card in a variety of weights. Our local printer sells card at half the cost of the office supply companies. Ask for uncoated paper as it absorbs the resin more easily.

I prefer 250gsm because it's more stable.
Normally you print in 80-90gsm. 160gsm/110lbs is basically twice as thick.
250gsm is just thicker and therefore more stable. :)

My printer has trouble if I just insert a pile of that paper, but if I insert single sheet in the back, no problems at all.

Also, you should find these papers literally everywhere in your country too.
Go to Office Supplies and just look for printer paper. You'll see that they have different numbers, 80, 90, 160, 200, 250, etc.
Just pick it.
Oh, and I bought paper for laser printer, it said 'color laser 250gsm'. It doesn't change anything though.

Okay, gotcha :)
So as long as I manage to get paper that has 160/250gsm in thickness, I'm good? I've been thinking to much about 'cardstock' I'm just weird like that, always try to get things 100% ''by the book'

- - - Updated - - -
Blaxmyth Thanks for the tip! Didn't think of the paper absorption at all!

- - - Updated - - -

You could as for either Matte Photo paper or just ask what if they have the thickest paper a home printer could print. Just try to ask the question in the most direct and simplest form, that should help you find what you want

I'll see what I can find, thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back