Introducing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle109

I'm noodle, I'm from California. I guess you can say I'm new to the whole props thing. I've been playing Halo since i was about 8 and found out about these magnificent foam smiths when i was 12. I have an extreme passion for Halo and I've always wanted to get out there in some armor and meet great people. Might sound crazy, but if I don't get into the marines, I'm going to look for a serious job in prop making. Anyhow, as i mentioned, new to this, just registered in the middle of my very first build, a DFT ODST just like everyone else.
405.JPG :)
Please comment with constructive criticism, as everything i do is a work in progress, and I'll be working on an SMG tonight

also how do i change my profile picture

Yeah this looks really nice, clean cuts :) though if I can give you some advice it would be beveling more edges. Makes it look less flat and whatnot :D

Please do shoot me advice on that. I've been working with crappy razor blades rather than craft knives

Please do shoot me advice on that. I've been working with crappy razor blades rather than craft knives

If I were you, I would save up and buy a utility knife, I prefer the wide blades, and some kind of blade sharpener. I have used a stone and a rod, and I honestly have no preference. Just make sure you watch and learn how to correctly sharpen a knife before you sharpen one. But for working with crappy razor blades it looks really good!

I'd also suggest looking on Amazon, and get yourself a scalpel, and some blades. #11 work best from my research, and after using I would agree. With a little searching, I was able to get a scalpel, and 100 blades for like $7. Pretty darn cheap. No need to waste time sharpening....after about 20 cuts or so when the blade begins to dull, just toss it for a new one. Always having a sharp blade is so nice, and when it cuts through foam like butter, the results are amazing.

I'd also suggest looking on Amazon, and get yourself a scalpel, and some blades. #11 work best from my research, and after using I would agree. With a little searching, I was able to get a scalpel, and 100 blades for like $7. Pretty darn cheap. No need to waste time sharpening....after about 20 cuts or so when the blade begins to dull, just toss it for a new one. Always having a sharp blade is so nice, and when it cuts through foam like butter, the results are amazing.

Links to blades and scalpel please! thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back