Intro and a problem I have with DXF files

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris3spice

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to be here! I like paper crafting and just got into it not long ago, most of my projects have been smaller so they print out on one page. I'm looking forward to working with bigger projects and making armor.

I have a Silhouette and love it but I ran into a problem when trying to use DXF files. I can export the files from Pepakura where they all line up fine but when I print them out the scaling seems to be different for certain pages so nothing lines up correctly. I tried overlaying two of the DXF files in Silhouette studio and line up edges and there is a difference. So I check my Pepakura but it is correct in it. So now I go sheet by sheet and have to manually resize it based on matching edges to try to get everything to match. Sometimes it matches and sometimes it's off by up to 20%

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Pepakura Designer and Silhouette studio and it still happens. I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is going on. I don't have a printer at home so printing out parts and manually cutting them right now is a no go and I'd prefer if I didn't have to buy a printer.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to being part of the community!

I think the most reliable thing to do is to add a registration mark at the bottom of all pages. Try to think of the scale you see at the corner of a map. Make a line that is one centimetre on that and then apply it to all pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back