New Builder, having some issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTruffleyOne

Hello!

I am trying to build my first armor set with EVA foam. I resized the files, but they printed in a very small size. The pieces were also split across the pages, and with the margins that we had meant that it was going to be a HUGE pain to work with. What do?

I'm trying to get this done before halloween, so all of the speedy advice is appreciated!

Cheers,
Truffle

You can rescale the item to fit using the Scale option in the drop-down tab. As for the pieces straddling pages - I think that's by design, honestly.

Yea you want to piece together the templates and trace them on a large poster sized piece of paper, preferably something thick. Then you transfer that onto the foam.

I know that there is a way to change the print area in pepakura but I don't know how to do that personally. One thing I knew when I started my first build was that there would be some minor construction involved with the templates. You should always try to arrange pieces away from the dotted lines in the 2D window. There is no way to avoid having a large number of pages, it just happens

Before I start tracing and cutting my pieces onto the foam I build the bulk of the paper and tape it together to see if I think it'll be a good fit. I also look at reference pictures and see what the piece looks like on the person wearing it and determine if mine is close to what the reference picture shows. If you have a template on multiple pages I just cut them out and carefully line them up and tape them then trace the taped piece onto the foam.

If the pieces can fit easily on its own page I would do what everyone else said and make sure its not on those dotted lines in the program.

Before I start tracing and cutting my pieces onto the foam I build the bulk of the paper and tape it together to see if I think it'll be a good fit.

For EVA you also have to consider thickness of the foam when piecing together paper patterns. Plan ahead the bevels that you're going to need to cut to have flush joins to save time on gap filling later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back