Howdy, I'm New! First Build: DFT ODST and Gravity Hammer (Semi-Pic-Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarzk

Hello all, I've probably been lurking for two years now and have decided it's time to finally participate.

As you are already aware, DFT Madness has struck again, and I've been part of the affected this time. There's a lot I'm not the greatest fan of with his stuff that I have changed with the build, so it's not entirely game-accurate, so please don't crucify me. (So far, it seems like you all are welcoming enough though.)
This is my first build, so it is rough around the edges (Sometimes literally), but this is providing a lot of lessons for me should I decide to make another suit. (Don't worry, I'm pretty much out of hot glue, so no more hot-snot in my next build.)

For the ODST Suit, there's a lot I changed about the helmet. Visor size, width, size, single side piece, and a camera mount for my Contour ROAM 2 were things I changed. I will be narrowing the stripe, this was done just to make it easier on my at the moment.

(NOTE FOR PHOTOS: I'm using my phone to take the photos, and there is some strange warping on some photos. I guarantee the warping is not present in reality.)
IMG_20160903_115004.jpgIMG_20161016_004408.jpgIMG_20161016_005430.jpg
Here's all the other stuff that I'm painting. (The BDU pants are just there for testing fit.)
IMG_20161015_162606.jpg
I started the Gravity Hammer build yesterday. and finished the head today. Yesterday I just had the head basic shape done. All the rest was done today.
IMG_20161015_162328.jpg
IMG_20161015_224157.jpg
IMG_20161016_000500.jpg
I'll be looking around this week for leather straps for the handle. I'm still thinking about what I will be building the handle pieces and pommel out of. I may have to go pep with those, but I kinda do want to keep it full-foamy and may do a guide on it later as there seems to be a lack of much at all on the matter so I'm doing it all myself.

I hope to see you all on the battlefield.

Looking really good. Welcome aboard!

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

I appreciate all the support guys. I'll be posting another thread in a few minutes and it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out there.

A little update.
I just finished painting most of the hammer. Still waiting to get the leather strips for the handle though.
I've also started to strap together some of the armor for wear. Pics of that once I get further along with that.

IMG_20161020_155359.jpgIMG_20161020_155200.jpg

Quick question for the community. For the glyph on the side, which method would you recommend to make it look decent?
Feedback on the progress?

Quick question for the community. For the glyph on the side, which method would you recommend to make it look decent?

Sorry for asking but the glyph your talking about, is it the small red markings on the side of the Reach Gravity hammer near the top?

Sorry for asking but the glyph your talking about, is it the small red markings on the side of the Reach Gravity hammer near the top?
Yeah, the one near the top.
Type-2_Energy_Weapon_Hammer_Halo_Reach_Glyph.png

Schankerz I'll check that out, but I'll also need to make sure that won't ruin my paint. I did see that and I did like the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jme
Schankerz I'll check that out, but I'll also need to make sure that won't ruin my paint. I did see that and I did like the results.

Thanks for the mention guys.

I had no problems but I would do a test piece to make sure.

I would use a painting program to make the glyph and then print it using a laser printer. Remember, ink jet won't work.

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back