Depolyments on Hold until January 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Hello all!

As a group, we in Division have decided to put Deployments on hold for the next few months. We've got some big projects underway and just need the time to get them completed. We believe they are going to assist all of you through the deployment process and even your build process so it's important to get them done.

As well, Spacemeat and CommanderPalmer need to come together and figure out how they are going to work as a team as well as get things organized how they want.

We also have a few Regiments that require an RMO and for the new process to work, we need those RMO's in place and trained.

I want to be clear that this is not changing deployments, but it is changing how easy it will be for everyone to be able to know exactly what is being looked for in each tier as well as solid references for as many characters/versions as we can put together.
Asgardianhammer is working on this huge project of the Absolute Record with the assistance of Chernobyl.

If you already have an application in but haven't heard anything yet, just hang on. We'll work through those shortly I believe as there are only a couple. It's just going to take a little time more than normal during this period.

As well, Cadet is going to be writing up a step by step for everyone for the deployment process that should answer a lot of questions that you may have once you start.

Lots of exciting things on the horizon so please hang in there while we work hard for all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I still get to bombard Blazedstarbon with photos In the meantime?

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

Jme, feel free to keep in contact for the time being until Division staff finalize the deployment process. We're still here to help.
[Bombard to your heart's content.] It'll certainly keep me busy. ;)

Do I still get to bombard Blazedstarbon with photos In the meantime?

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

No reason why you can't seek critique on your builds even if we're not currently moving forwards with the actual process of grading and deploying members. In fact, this break in activity should be seen as a boon to those wishing to submit for deployment but who may seek extra guidance on their builds.

With that said, you should never be afraid to ask for critique even if your intention isn't to immediately submit yourself for Deployment grading - we're here mainly to help you get the most out of your builds rather than using Deployment as a means to pigeonhole your build into a certain grade.

See what I did there?

Thanks BlazedStarbon and Chernobyl.

I had a feeling that you both would say exactly that.

It really is a great opportunity to discuss the armour before applying for deployment under the new process.

No reason why you can't seek critique on your builds even if we're not currently moving forwards with the actual process of grading and deploying members. In fact, this break in activity should be seen as a boon to those wishing to submit for deployment but who may seek extra guidance on their builds.

With that said, you should never be afraid to ask for critique even if your intention isn't to immediately submit yourself for Deployment grading - we're here mainly to help you get the most out of your builds rather than using Deployment as a means to pigeonhole your build into a certain grade.

Imaginary point awarded for that. That's what I've always believed has been the view and I'm glad to see it confirmed.

I will be getting my Dare finished within that time, and I'm sure there will be PMs sent off to confirm details as I go :D I look forward to seeing the results of your hard work when it is completed, it is appreciated.

B1ondeange1

Imaginary point awarded for that. That's what I've always believed has been the view and I'm glad to see it confirmed.

Despite a rocky start, I believe that Deployment can be a good way to encourage and reward hard work and effort put into people's builds. With that said (and perhaps despite some miscommunication at the start), Deployment has never been about a rush to get people officially registered or to hold anybody above anybody else. The thing that we need to be taking away from this is that members should be applying for Deployment in their own time and when they're satisfied with the quality of their project - and using the community as a resource to get input in the meantime.

I wish you the best of luck with your projects!

Despite a rocky start, I believe that Deployment can be a good way to encourage and reward hard work and effort put into people's builds. With that said (and perhaps despite some miscommunication at the start), Deployment has never been about a rush to get people officially registered or to hold anybody above anybody else. The thing that we need to be taking away from this is that members should be applying for Deployment in their own time and when they're satisfied with the quality of their project - and using the community as a resource to get input in the meantime.

I wish you the best of luck with your projects!

Thanks, always many projects on the go at once, the hazards of cosplaying! :D I've been a supporter of the deployment process since I first heard about it. It'll be great to see the process clarified and made more transparent and easy for members to use :)

Do you guys know what time in January the deployment process is being postponed too? I plan to have my build done sometime that month and it would be nice to know if I need it done early or late January. If it's unclear at this moment that totally fine I'd just like to know sometime in December so I know if I need to work a little faster. Thanks!

Schankerz, there is never a time limit to complete your build. Go at your own pace and when you're ready and set to go, (whether it be in December or after January), you'll be able to submit an application through your RMO (which would be me at the moment). Once again, there is no time limit for you to have your project done by a certain date in order to get deployed. The specifics are entirely up to you. Hope this helps. :)

Do you guys know what time in January the deployment process is being postponed too? I plan to have my build done sometime that month and it would be nice to know if I need it done early or late January. If it's unclear at this moment that totally fine I'd just like to know sometime in December so I know if I need to work a little faster. Thanks!

I'll echo what BlazedStarbon said, and what I mentioned earlier on in the thread: we're not expecting people to rush to get registered. Quite the contrary, in fact - we want our members to take as much tme as they need in order to get their costumes to the highest quality they can possibly achieve. We urge our members to never feel as though they're under a deadline from us to get completed and certified for Deployment. Take your time, work hard, and when the time comes to get certified, we'll do our best to both grade you fairly, and provide feedback in areas where we think you could perhaps improve down the line if you want to achieve a higher tier.

Deployment is all about recognising and rewarding hard work, not forcing our members to rush suits to get them into the system. We've only postponed Deployment so that we can get the process ironed out and make sure that, again, we grade our Deploying members fairly. In long and short: some tweaking here and there, some hard-working and experienced staff members brought onto the team to make sure we're grading people fairly and using their knowledge both costuming and of the Halo universe to offer suggestions and improvements where they may be needed.

Hey there I have seen the form is the forms are up for deployment. Should we have the understanding the deployment applications are back?

Hey there I have seen the form is the forms are up for deployment. Should we have the understanding the deployment applications are back?

There is a new Form back up, but primarily so there can be some testing being done on the back end to make sure the new format is working properly.

We will make an announcement once Deployment applications are officially open again.

Status
Not open for further replies.