Head measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobtastic19

FOr measureing my head should i go over my nose or not, because they are two completely different measurements. soooo haha should i use my measurement that uses my nose or not?

It depends. I'm assuming you're using pepakura. Pepakura takes different measurements than head circumference. In this case, you'd need to measure the height, width, and depth of your head. That'll get you a decent base measurement to go off of.

It depends. I'm assuming you're using pepakura. Pepakura takes different measurements than head circumference. In this case, you'd need to measure the height, width, and depth of your head. That'll get you a decent base measurement to go off of.

it will only let me change one variable and it automatically changes the rest. Do you know how to change all of them so it fits perfectly?

My solution was to measure from ear to ear and then adjust accordingly. I was told by a few friends here that you should try to make sure you can get your head into the helmet. I did that and ended up with a watermelon sized helmet. I have since adjusted my method to the afore mentioned and with the separation of the back of the helmet I managed to slip it round my ears lock back into place (though I was working with paper models so it may be not work with foam as easily).

Pepakura doesn't allow for each of the three measurements to be altered separately from what I know. You have to focus on one and then focus on another when the measurements are out.

Measurements for heads are across the top, from ear to ear, and around the head at the forehead. From that, you can scale everything else. If you compare the difference between your measurements and the measurements in pepakura, you can adjust the scaling by the percentage different. I recommend adding 1/2 to 1" to the diameter for padding, to ensure a proper fit.

I may not know costuming well, but I sure know armour.

Measurements for heads are across the top, from ear to ear, and around the head at the forehead. From that, you can scale everything else. If you compare the difference between your measurements and the measurements in pepakura, you can adjust the scaling by the percentage different. I recommend adding 1/2 to 1" to the diameter for padding, to ensure a proper fit.

I may not know costuming well, but I sure know armour.

OKAY so do i do a 360 from ear to ear or do i do it from across my forehead? im super new to this and then i dont really understand the math. Can you send me a message with in depth details in getting the proper measurements, cuzzzzzz.....im super lost and the way that piece was done has me skeptical because there is like 2 -3 inches of space in the back............

You measure around the head at the forehead, just above your eyebrows. Try and get it as level as possible.

You measure around the head at the forehead, just above your eyebrows. Try and get it as level as possible.

I've found that the best cheat for this is to get a hardhat with an adjustable band and then use a fabric tape measure to get the circumference, major axis and minor axis just to double check all dimensions that need scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back