Printer size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwarren

This may have been posted before but I can't seem to find it anywhere in this huge number of posts even after a search but I just want to make sure the the pepakura files are for a standard size printer and not something larger before I start burning up card stock. So 8.5x11 is fine then? Anyone?

I print on a little hp deskjet 1512 using the standard 8.5x11 and haven't had many issues.

I have run into an issue where some prints stop toward the bottom of the paper (about an inch) and it's rather frustrating but I can move the designs in the pep program to avoid that. Other than that, never had any issues.

Hope this helped some :)

I just want to make sure the the pepakura files are for a standard size printer
It would ultimately depend on what pep files you're looking at. Quite a few use US paper sizes (i.e. letter) while others, such as myself, use international paper sizes (such as A4) when planning them. But it doesn't hurt to check when you load them up, as it will save you a lot of trouble.

It is worth noting, that even if a file has a certain paper size with it, you can change that. Now, it WILL change the orientation of the parts on the page,and require you to move them around to fit properly, but it can be done. I've downloaded many files that were A4 paper size, which I then converted to Letter. Most parts just require moving around. Occasionally, you may have the end of some larger pieces get cut off, but I was able to eyeball missing lines, or print the missing end on a whole new page, and overlay it with the other piece (you basically print two version of the same piece, but with opposite sides cut off of them. Then cut them out, line them up, and tape together, and BOOM, the whole piece is there.)

I had the same question. I'm an American (long live Letter) living in Australia (forced to use A4). In Pepakura Designer, you just need to click on File > Print and Paper Settings. From there you can change the size of paper to Letter or A4 if necessary. Depending on the original setup of the Pepakura file, you may have to manually click and drag the unfolded pieces to sit within the page borders. Let me know if this helps. I hope I am making sense. Cheers!

Definitely check your paper size in the Paper and Print settings in pepakura designer/viewer before printing anything. Generally I prefer to orient the pieces on Letter (216x280mm roughly) because it's a simple switch to change it to A4 (210x297mm) for all our non-American friends out there. Sadly the swap is not so easy the other way 'round, so be sure to check your paper margins if switching to a smaller paper size, otherwise the edges will be cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back