NEW 3D FILES - promethean knight, crawler etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive not uploaded anything yet, ill be releasing the files as and when i get them sorted. ill be focusing on the prometheans and infected spartan first i think then moving onto the arbiters sword

managed to grab some halo 4 files, there downloading atm and ill try and get them working with a program, see if i can pull anything from them :)

update:
ive been trying to get a program working for over a year and after 5 hours of messing around ive not only got it to eventually open a h4 .map but its extracting as i write this :)

map.jpg

bingo

WingedAvian we don't discuss the ins and outs of how we obtain these files. Please read THIS thread for more details, but here's the basics:

- Don't discuss the tools used to extract files (by name or by reference)
- Don't discuss the methods used to extract content (resources needed, etc)

We're here as a costuming community and it's by Microsoft and 343i's good grace that we're allowed to operate 'under the radar' with the assets we have available. Please don't bring the risk of action against us by discussing these tools openly - I'll let you edit that information from your posts yourself. It's probably also worth mentioning that a lot of the content you're showing off (multiplayer map geometry) isn't really what this community goes for, and you may be interested more in looking at forums such as Facepunch to show off your work.

EDIT: also, mind the double-posting. If it's been less than 24 hours, consider using the edit function instead.

got rid of the tools name etc, posted the map geometry because im after the forerunner artefact that stops the infinity leaving requiem. everything else is strictly armour or weapon based (y) well apart from the crawler :')

updated the list with some halo 3 files i converted last night

i know alot of the stuff in the list isnt costume related but the architecture and art work is so amazing i couldn't leave them out, ive had a few ideas for using things like the cryptum or slipspace artefact as computer cases etc and i though others might want them for similar reasons. ive always loved the forerunner designs in general and theres something amazing about having it all and being able to really look at pieces you would just walk past in game. :')

i also remember someone at bungie saying there was an easter egg on the sandtrap multiplayer map from halo 3 that nobody had found yet. spent over an hour tearing the place apart last night and couldn't find a thing xD

as it stands the whole folder is about 17.5gb and certain files need separating in blender i.e. all the elite armour is contained within one file on top of each other. same with any destructible item but heres a few pictures of some of the cooler stuff i found.

composer.jpg
cryptum.jpg
didact ship.jpg
droppod elite.jpg
droppod.jpg
infinity.jpg
fud.jpg
sabre.jpg
space banshee.jpg
watcher.jpg

Thanks for doing this. It would be nice to finally have access to more then just the armor game assets for the fist time in Halo history. So many neat items in many games get left behind in favor of the armor only approach. Always wanted to do this myself but the Halo franchise was never an option for me since I hated my Xbox so much I took it out to the gun range and shot it with 50 caliber rifle and I haven't wanted to replace or upgrade it. So again thanks.

After some discussion with the other members of Staff, we've come to the decision to, for the time being, close this thread. Our relationship with 343i isn't currently strong enough that we feel that posting and openly requesting raw models and game assets could potentially damage that bond we're working hard towards.

I'll be drafting up some solutions and contacting you soon, WingedAvian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello folks!

Just as an FYI, we're reopening this thread. We always are going to default towards protecting our community here and sometimes that means putting things on hold temporarily while we discuss it as a group.

We thank you all for being patient and thank WingedAvian for his contributions to the 405th!

Last edited by a moderator:
uploaded some of the forerunner files to my 4shared account, theres to many for me to clean and unfold atm but you guys are welcome to them. more will be added as i work my way through :)

let me know what you guys are most interested in and ill do my best to model them for you and if i can, unfold them aswell.

happy pepping :)

Didn't we shy away from the 4shared a while back? Something about a ton of mal-ware and viruses?

Reactions: Kat
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back