Halo 5 Spartan Buck (Foam Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gralt

Helloooooo out there in the Halo multiverse! I've been following the 405th for a while and finaly decided to get off my can and make an armor kit of my own. I've seen so many different renditions of armor but wanted to do something unique. Vivalablake89 beat me too it in getting the first Spartan Helljumper build going, but I'm still gonna do it. Its my first time build so should be interesting. I want to give a shoutout to the person that extracted the model files for the helljumper, but I'm having a hard time finding the archives again to see who posted.

So if you know who it is or can link me the archive, I want to give credit where credit is due!

Anyway, after cleaning up and breaking down the HellJumper mode, I started out small with the forearm piece. Not much progress, but we all gotta start somewhere!
Helljumper forearm.jpg20161119_012817.jpg

Thanks guys! Got a little more work done this morning on the forearm. Now to cut out more pieces (aka the not so fun part) lol.
20161119_110315.jpg

CommanderPalmer, I will absolutely share! I've learned so much from this community and I would love to give back even just a small bit :) Here is a link to what I have thus far. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/63xdril2oifg6/Halo_5_Helljumper
I have the entire raw armor set cleaned up in MQO format (Metasequoia), taken from the raw pull from the game. Accept the Helmet, as that was in the archive already. Well there are two of them, one is the foam build you mentioned, the other is by OashKoash.

And thank you for the link to the foam build, but do you know where the actual raw file pulls? I'm still having a hard time find them lo.

Let me know if you want the MQO files as they have the most compatibility with Pepakura and open right up in to the app with zero issues allowing you to start laying it out right away.

Cheers!

I'll be interested in seeing how you make the helmet with foam, it seems like a tough helmet to do with foam. Although, just judging from how clean the arm looks, I don't think you'll have any problems with it.

YASSSS Amazing work bro! I am definitely going to use those templates if you don't mind ;), will make everything a ton easier.

YASSSS Amazing work bro! I am definitely going to use those templates if you don't mind ;), will make everything a ton easier.

Consider it done! In that same link above I put a new folder in there. It has all the separated and cleaned up model files. Of course you may not need them ALL as you can just flip the templates to build its reverse, but my little OCD voice told me I had to create them all just in case! :D

Cheers!

Wow, beautiful job. I'm very looking forward to see your progress, it looks very promising, also VERY GOOD job on the files.
If you don't mind, I'll be also looking forward to the chest armor.

- Palmer

Wow thanks! I'm truly flattered coming from someone that has such an awesome build! This is gonna be my first foam build so I'll be learning a bit along the way. I will say I'm finding I do like the dremmel for this! Anyway, I just finished the layout on the chest and will be working on the other layouts. As thanksgiving is this week, I'm putting physical building on hiatus as I won't be at home. But it will give me time to work on the foam layouts.
Chest Build Foam.jpg

Do you have any plans for the abs or Cod piece in mind? For the mean time I was going to free hand them probably this weekend but wondering if you where going to take a swing at it. At first I thought there was no point to it cause it looks like part of the under suit at first glance but then I noticed its raised a little too high to be part of the under suit. just curious how you might be doing it as well?

Yeah I noticed those parts on the reference photos, but for some reason they weren't on the model extract. I'm going to take another look at the assets and see if they are there and I just missed them or if there might be another model out there with them. I stink at drawing/freehanding. If I can find the right reference file I just might be able to do a traceover in Metasequoia and at least give me a base shape if all else fails. Then I'd just have to scale it properly.

Yeah I noticed those parts on the reference photos, but for some reason they weren't on the model extract. I'm going to take another look at the assets and see if they are there and I just missed them or if there might be another model out there with them. I stink at drawing/freehanding. If I can find the right reference file I just might be able to do a traceover in Metasequoia and at least give me a base shape if all else fails. Then I'd just have to scale it properly.

If worst comes to worst I can always make free-hand templates scan and pdf them to you lol.

Just might have to take you up on that! :D I will do some searches today and see what I can dig up. I reached out to Chernobyl as well as he was doing the asset rips. I cannot find the original Helljumper pack that I started by builds from in the archive and want to be sure I didn't miss something.

Ok so nothing in the archives, looks like that is counted as under armor and didn't make it in the pulls. However the reference pictures I've gotten my hands on I can likely do some traceovers to get basic shapes which would be good enough for foam builds. I'll let you know what I can cook up! :D

Ok so nothing in the archives, looks like that is counted as under armor and didn't make it in the pulls. However the reference pictures I've gotten my hands on I can likely do some traceovers to get basic shapes which would be good enough for foam builds. I'll let you know what I can cook up! :D

Sweet sounds good, like I said I'll take a swing at it this weekend as well and see what kinda rabbit I can pull out my hat.

Ok I think we might have gold :D Here is what I've got so far. I'm not going to worry about making the ab covers 3d as it is pointless for our purposes. But once I finish we should have our templates easy enough! :D
Cod and Abs.jpg

Ok I think we might have gold :D Here is what I've got so far. I'm not going to worry about making the ab covers 3d as it is pointless for our purposes. But once I finish we should have our templates easy enough! :D
View attachment 33817

May I ask why you are using Metasequoia over something like Blender? I am ignorant on the subject so I thought I would ask.

May I ask why you are using Metasequoia over something like Blender? I am ignorant on the subject so I thought I would ask.

Oh no problem at all! I used to use 3dsMax and a couple of other applications when I started tinkering with 3d models a while back. When I discovered paper modeling and found pepakura, I recall seeing that Pepakura had the most compatibility with the MQO files from Metasequoia. So I started using it and grew to like it. To me it is like the baby brother to 3DS Max and some of the other big ones. I know it can't do some of the major stuff, but for what I do with paper models and such, it works perfectly and has a free version that has all the capabilities I need. :)

Now that I'm at my destination until Sunday, I should be able to finish up the midsection piece draft.

Dude Its Looking Amazing!!! You have done this Armor some serious Justice with these files, and yeah the Abs will probably just be built in to my under suit but damn! those add-ons look amazing! I tip my hat to you sir.:thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back