Questions about my first build! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEKaTEK

Hello 405th! I've done as much research as my brain can handle, and I'm ready to get this underway!

I have all the tools but now am looking for the right build. Being my first one I was going to take the safe route and use what had been created in pepakura specifically for foam.

Here is what I've thought of, I'm missing some of the pieces but I think all of these are compatible - if you have any idea of what I can use for what I'm missing feel free to throw it at me.

Full Build

Helmet - Gungir
Torso - Male Reach v3 Torso Foam Unfold
Cod - Reach - Cod Male Foam
Shoulders - Shoulder (Wrath) | Shoulder (FJ-Para)
Bicep - Halo Reach Male Bicep - Foam Unfold
Forearms - Reach - Forearm Male Foam
Gloves - Handplate
Thigh - Male Thigh Foam and Laser Cut Unfold
Shin - Halo Reach Male Shin Guard - Foam Unfold
Kneepads - Not sure
Boots - Reach - Boot and Toe Foam -Acenat_Ruze

Does it seem like a do-able first build? Thanks! :D

Also for items such as the Bicep peice, it's built for my left arm, how do I make one for my right arm? Print the paper and flip it upside down? Essentially mirroring it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops! Forgot to mention that lol

There is a lens in the Full Build link I showed - I plan to use this as a hole for my iphone's camera, it's going to be a challenge but I love that helmet

cool, just be really careful about screens that close to your face

also when you start to build, make sure the blade is sharp to cut the foam .

to mirror parts in pepakura, the mirror option is in 'other'
Screenshot (3).png
but with foam you can just filp the paper

Are you sure that you'll be able to see out of your helmet with your phone? It seems like the phone would be so close to your face that it'd be out of focus.

Ever heard of google cardboard? There's an app meant for the device that is meant for taking pictures through the eyepiece that will work perfectly for what I'm doing

Oh man, this is gonna be cool!:D I've never thought of wearing the gungir as you have.

anyway, are you going to make the helmet first? If so, out of what material?(foam, Pep, 3d print, etc.)

good luck, and looking forward to more (physical) progress:lol(I know, this kind of stuff usually starts with like a week of research:D) been there, done that!:lol

Looks like you've got a pretty good idea for a starting point so far.
I can't find the thread link but I think RoxyRoo did something with the peephole for a door instead of using a camera and a screen if im remebering correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on the build, I'm not sure the iPhone is gonna fit into a cardboard, unless you have 6/7 plus (whatever the 6 inch iPhones are called.) You might also need a camera app that accounts for the card board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back