What else can I make with 1' x 2' of foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xektrix

I made a Halo Reach magnum to begin with, and I'm actually pretty happy with it. I think it look's pretty good since it's my first time doing anything with foam or prop's really. I initially bought a 2' x 2' x 1" foam board at Home Depot, and I still have about half to make something with. I was thinking about making a Halo 1-3 magnum, but I feel like it's going to seem pointless since I already made the Reach one. But the amount of foam I have left isn't too much, so my option's are sort of limited lol.

I would like to make a Halo 2-3 battle rifle, but I'm not sure if it would fit, and 1" might not be thick enough. I could double it up, but not sure if I have the space, but I might. I'd exclude the barrel and add some kind of tube later, so I would only have to do the main gun part. You guy's think that could work, or what else would fit? Possibly something from a different game maybe, I'm open to suggestion's lol.

Is it the pink insulation foam? You could always try to make one of the reach combat knives.

Get crazy with it and start work on a Plasma Pistol or Needler. They require a bit of LED magic but will be pretty rad when done.

I was thinking about the plasma pistol lol, but decided to try to make a sick ODST smg. I think I have enough lol, it should look pretty good afterward's hopefully lol. Definitely will try the plasma pistol at some point tho

An odst suppressed SMG will pretty cool. You should make a thread once you build it so everyone can check out your work!

I might do that haha, it's turning out pretty good. I'm just going slow and working on it a couple hours a day. I pretty much have the main part of the gun done, which is most likely going to be the hardest lol.

I might do that haha, it's turning out pretty good. I'm just going slow and working on it a couple hours a day. I pretty much have the main part of the gun done, which is most likely going to be the hardest lol.

Are you layering it or cutting out of a foam block? If you're layering, I don't think that a 1'x2' piece of foam will be enough to build the full SMG, unless you have extra foam laying around.

I'm cutting it out of the block. I had to double layer it to get another 1/4" or so, but I could use the other part for random bits. I have the majority done so far, just need the stock part for the most part and I think I have enough foam

I'm cutting it out of the block. I had to double layer it to get another 1/4" or so, but I could use the other part for random bits. I have the majority done so far, just need the stock part for the most part and I think I have enough foam

Okay, that makes sense. You should put a picture of it up when you're done so we can all see how it turned out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back