Props M6H2 MAGNUM from HALO 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timuche

Hello everyone !

I come to present you the making of my new replica : the M6H2 MAGNUM from HALO 5.

Compared to my other replicas I wanted to make it modular in order to have the possibility to create all the existing versions of this weapon : the basic, the Gunfighter, the Whispered Truth and the Tactical.
I used a 3D printer to provide me with a structural basis with global dimensions, but I remade the vast majority of the Magnum.

Here are some pictures of the making.

I started with a 3D print to give me a structure with which to work.
282Drw0.jpg

I use a bit of XTC-3D to smooth the surface.
Ccm1v0H.jpg

I make the hammer of the magnum with plastic card.
LxnT4EI.jpg

N0QDrlK.jpg

kHCnBJz.jpg

GjEIqHK.jpg

vUzOe1t.jpg

ggEGEjz.jpg

hWV9JLL.jpg

Then I redo all the structure and the details with putty and plastic card.
n3MbuUl.jpg

kSleG2j.jpg

2fEVxJc.jpg

0CGCbsZ.jpg

tj50exC.jpg

4XvNZNk.jpg

JPsAVAp.jpg

It is not finished yet but almost.
w42rYS7.jpg

A little detail.
k96OESL.jpg

I do the same on the other side that does not have the same forms.
rn2ACeY.jpg

l4DxvBI

syQu5KV.jpg

With putty I add a detail on the handle of the magnum.
0A78SBD

Then I modify and add some things about the guard of the magnum.
rs8Y085.jpg

gUbZXlT.jpg

qtIvDT4.jpg

qXKO18Z.jpg

With putty I make sure everything fits perfectly.
q3KTp4O.jpg

D4K7hgx.jpg

For the module that fits underneath I also add details.
z2178ao.jpg

FCs7Un1.jpg

rw7oexj.jpg

piyFLQA.jpg

08gV0j3.jpg

Then the fixing rail must be made.
gDtT7VM.jpg

9k0wr4l.jpg

04FhBJG.jpg

D8ZcLLl.jpg

I make the viewfinder in 3D.
VDGW248.png

PTa2PoB.png

1jwFSx4.png

PrO2q4Y.jpg

I wanted to make the mouth of the magnum removable for easy molding.
WzileVt.jpg

CTe5COC.jpg

3AyBFrA.jpg

OFsikPr.jpg

A small detail in plastic card.
ii5hsW8.jpg

Another part of the magnum.
usAGs26.jpg

usAGs26.jpg

Q6rcm5j.jpg

nPFw84d.jpg

ymoBVg4.jpg

It is also necessary to create the Grip texture on the handle.
A4Jyi8W.jpg

KzlUyV9.jpg

mKzOFaR.jpg

The molding will soon begin ! And the next accessory will be the silencer for with the Whispered Truth version.
kX6Xmy3.jpg

AqytCMB.jpg

282Drw0.jpg

Ccm1v0H.jpg

LxnT4EI.jpg

N0QDrlK.jpg

kHCnBJz.jpg

GjEIqHK.jpg

vUzOe1t.jpg

ggEGEjz.jpg

hWV9JLL.jpg

n3MbuUl.jpg

kSleG2j.jpg

2fEVxJc.jpg

0CGCbsZ.jpg

tj50exC.jpg

4XvNZNk.jpg

JPsAVAp.jpg

w42rYS7.jpg

k96OESL.jpg

rn2ACeY.jpg

syQu5KV.jpg

rs8Y085.jpg

gUbZXlT.jpg

qtIvDT4.jpg

qXKO18Z.jpg

q3KTp4O.jpg

D4K7hgx.jpg

z2178ao.jpg

FCs7Un1.jpg

rw7oexj.jpg

piyFLQA.jpg

08gV0j3.jpg

gDtT7VM.jpg

9k0wr4l.jpg

04FhBJG.jpg

D8ZcLLl.jpg

VDGW248.png

PTa2PoB.png

1jwFSx4.png

PrO2q4Y.jpg

WzileVt.jpg

CTe5COC.jpg

3AyBFrA.jpg

OFsikPr.jpg

ii5hsW8.jpg

usAGs26.jpg

usAGs26.jpg

usAGs26.jpg

Q6rcm5j.jpg

nPFw84d.jpg

ymoBVg4.jpg

A4Jyi8W.jpg

KzlUyV9.jpg

mKzOFaR.jpg

kX6Xmy3.jpg

AqytCMB.jpg

Your magnum looks really nice! You did a great job with your modular 3d model. This variation is definitely my favorite, and coincidentally MUCH more complex than any other variation, and you definitely did it justice

That, that is where my money will be at ! o_O I'll be waiting for this with a lot of eagerness ! It is so perfect ! Crisp and smooth, nicely parted out to have maximum detail ! love the hell out of it man, good job !

Holy cow, that is a really nice pistol! with a good paintjob, we would all be drooling (I may be already....)

Simply amazing! Great job with all of the details on your pistol!
Well done, looking forward to see your project unfold! :)

Your magnum looks really nice! You did a great job with your modular 3d model. This variation is definitely my favorite, and coincidentally MUCH more complex than any other variation, and you definitely did it justice
Thank you very much !
Yes indeed this version is harder to make but it is also the version I prefer then I applied myself.

That, that is where my money will be at ! o_O I'll be waiting for this with a lot of eagerness ! It is so perfect ! Crisp and smooth, nicely parted out to have maximum detail ! love the hell out of it man, good job !
Thanks to you !
The kits will be available in January I think.

Holy cow, that is a really nice pistol! with a good paintjob, we would all be drooling (I may be already....)
Thank you !
I hope not to fail the paintjob indeed.

Simply amazing! Great job with all of the details on your pistol!
Well done, looking forward to see your project unfold! :)
Thank you :)

This is amazing! Your extremely small detail work, just as on your diorama, has always astounded me! Great work. :)

-Matt

On the Putty you are referring to are you using Bondo ? Body filler or something different ?

Well, that's a pretty radical different approach of how to use 3D prints and process them. The results are extremely nice !
Not really my cup of tea to be honest (I don't have the patience for doing this to a 3D print, I totally admit) but yes, I've seen a lot of M6's so far, and this must be one of the best ones.

I especially like this post because it shows that you can use 3D not just to create "near ready" models, but as basis for "extremely good" ones too.
Should be an eye-opener to some people I think.

*tips hat*.

This is amazing! Your extremely small detail work, just as on your diorama, has always astounded me! Great work. :)

-Matt
Thank you very much !!
Speaking of the diorama, I will resume work during the month of January. I will concentrate on it until 2019.

On the Putty you are referring to are you using Bondo ? Body filler or something different ?
Speaking of putty, I mean body filler like Bondo. In my country, Bondo does not exist, we just call it : putty, sorry for not having specified it :)

Well, that's a pretty radical different approach of how to use 3D prints and process them. The results are extremely nice !
Not really my cup of tea to be honest (I don't have the patience for doing this to a 3D print, I totally admit) but yes, I've seen a lot of M6's so far, and this must be one of the best ones.

I especially like this post because it shows that you can use 3D not just to create "near ready" models, but as basis for "extremely good" ones too.
Should be an eye-opener to some people I think.

*tips hat*.
Thanks to you :)
Yes generally, people simply use 3D prints and 2 or 3 coats of primer. I find it a little too simple and "easy". And often details are lacking because basic 3D printers can not do them.
I love manual work and I am patient so I have a lot of fun making all the details etc. :)

Wow I didn't even notice that you were the one doing the ship prints! Those are awesome! I can't wait to see your huge space diorama once you finish:lol

Wow I didn't even notice that you were the one doing the ship prints! Those are awesome! I can't wait to see your huge space diorama once you finish:lol
You're wrong, it's not me who makes the ships in 3D :)

*GASP*amazing!

only one thing to say:

I want one
or, want to make one:D
Thank you :)
Still a little patience, the molding started !

That is gorgeous and even saying that doesn't do it justice.
It's already very kind ! ;)

Definitely keep me posted on your casting availability. I will be wanting one just as soon as they are available.

Sweet work. All your hard work paid off. Nice . Keep up the great explanations. they really help new people.

Here, the molding is almost finished (there remain 3 accessories to mold) !

To mold the Magnum I made a matrix mold in 3 parts : rather complex and long to realize but with this technique I save some silicone which is very expensive.

I started by molding the hollow in the handle: I used an aluminum bar so that the silicone (the one that replaces the magazine in the handle) remains straight.
CLAQZnm.jpg

pKAmXxE.jpg

Gm2l5By.jpg

0BzDHPD.jpg

In mold support I use extruded polystyrene.
TY2yrNB.jpg

xeh1mUa.jpg

I make sure that only half the Magnum exceeds.
cgPkoDx.jpg

Then it is necessary to cover the polystyrene with aluminum scotch, otherwise the resin "goes to eat it".
QRgihZ0.jpg

3mDyeSn.jpg

I make registration keys with polystyrene : this will make it possible to put back in place the 2 parts of the resin shell.
2WxpRZK.jpg

jFPrhDr.jpg

I use clay to cover the magnum : the clay simulates the silicone, it is the thickness of the layer of clay that will determine the amount of silicone used.
QAxePzo.jpg

ULEpyvy.jpg

I add thin strips that will serve to hold the silicone in the resin shell once everything is finished.
otgdyRr.jpg

Now I can make the shell : I use polyester resin and fiberglass. I put a little black dye in the resin to better visualize where I put it.
qapeZhi.jpg

zAqFBju.jpg

6h later I can go to the second part, remove the polystyrene, put some clay and apply vaseline on the resin (to prevent the 2 parts of the shell from fused).
q4gzEhw.jpg

NXRn6E6.jpg

The next day, I cut the edges to have clean edges. Then I drill holes for the screws.
7DQ75XR.jpg

5MwxLdT.jpg

I can finally open the shell and remove the clay as well as the Magnum.
dSNen98.jpg

1YX0qwX.jpg

wYlgTiM.jpg

After I put the Magnum in the shell and surrounds it with plastiline : in which I made that registration keys.
FZ5jfRE.jpg

I apply the first layer of silicone with a brush to avoid air bubbles. Do not forget to put vaseline on the silicone of the magazine otherwise they will bond together.
df478P6.jpg

I close the shell, and I pour silicone to fill it.
9NVu3yU.jpg

For the second part it is the same thing :
- open the shell and remove the plastilin,
- put vaseline,
- 1st coat of silicone with a brush,
- close the shell and fill it with silicone.

And here is the final result : a perfect mold !
USuAfng.jpg

PAogoXz.jpg

Soon I will post pictures of the moldings of the accessories and then I will finally be able to make the resin cast : fateful miment !!

/!\ : I made this molding in my apartment (I did not have a garage just a balcony) because it was too cold outside for the resin to harden.

The smell is very unpleasant and the vapors are not good to breathe, so if you are in the same case as me:
- open the windows (turn off the heating so as not to waste energy)
- wear in RESPIRATORY MASK! Pay attention to your health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back