Halo 3 Marine Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

goboy3133

Hey everyone!
I haven't touched any halo costuming in a while, and being sorta out of touch with pepakura, I wanted to get back into building armour. I've slowly been releasing myself from my hiatus of Halo, and was considering doing the ODST armour, but everytime I start building Spartan or ODST armour, I always end up stopping and straight up quitting my build (which I've done far too many times).

This time, however, I'm not starting with helmets, but instead the chest armour for the marine armour. I've always wanted to do marine armour, so I thought what better time to build some.

I've already completed the back portion of the armour, using the set files in the file archive (I'll credit which files in the morning) and am working on the under armour as well as putting on the supports now. This is what I have so far:

Front view:
IMG_3220.JPG

Back view:
IMG_3221.JPG

Neck support piece:
IMG_3227.JPG

I'm not the best with working on peps, so it's covered in a bit of excess glue residue and has a couple of holes (and some minor warping) but hopefully it'll turn out looking somewhat decent.

I'll be working more on it tomorrow, before a work Christmas party, and then a comedy show, but I'll post progress later in the week once I have more substantial progress to show!

(Also im posting this on my phone using the Tapatalk app, so I don't know how well this thing is optimised. If it's bad, I'll fix it when I wake up)

Do you have any convention or gathering that would be a good goal to finish the armor by. Having a target will help if you have feelings of quiting.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I totally get the feeling of starting something and then not finishing man. It took a long time before I actually began finishing what I started working on, but what worked/works best for me is listening to music while working on something, and taking the occasional weekend to pretty much only work on my project.

Do you have any convention or gathering that would be a good goal to finish the armor by. Having a target will help if you have feelings of quiting.

At the moment, I didn't have any cons planned for it, so I was just gonna take it as it came. I would like it for Melbourne Supanova next year though, me thinks

I totally get the feeling of starting something and then not finishing man. It took a long time before I actually began finishing what I started working on, but what worked/works best for me is listening to music while working on something, and taking the occasional weekend to pretty much only work on my project.

I've been watching a lot of Forward Unto Dawn and Nightfall while working on the armour. I've actually looked into GLP's 16 hour long Halo Saga while making it actually XD

A year is plenty of time to make you suit. I started mine in February for a local convention in January, and except for a few adjustments (add more straps) I'm ready.

Hey all! Haven't really had a chance to do much work on the armour seeing WORK has been really hectic lately, but I started the front piece recently!

de6453a45c8c7ad6581ba688792122e7.jpg

8f676cf3acaa3a2e731dea8c3b5325ea.jpg

I won't get much of a chance to work on it over the next week due to work being hectic, but I'll let you guys know how I go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• de6453a45c8c7ad6581ba688792122e7.jpg
    de6453a45c8c7ad6581ba688792122e7.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 8f676cf3acaa3a2e731dea8c3b5325ea.jpg
    8f676cf3acaa3a2e731dea8c3b5325ea.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 194
Heh, I don't think anyone is doing a whole lot of costume/prop work this week, so don't worry about it. The holiday season is always pretty hectic, and it's pretty apparent when you look at the forums lately. There's like 20% of the activity as there normally is. Nice job so far, and happy holidays!

HELLO EVERYONE!
So I haven't done any work on this for about 4 months because of life, but I got back to working on it over the past couple of days, and finished off the front chest section!

I'm a little worried about the sizing for the armour, but it seems to be ok so far! All that's left is the little arm attachment things, and then the chest is peped!

Good start. I do this armor too. Tomorrow I will gerne new material and can continue.

It helps to build to an Goal, a convention or something like that. Thats what I do often. But it could be put you under stress. That's what happenend to me last times. Ok, I tried to finish 2 or 3 things. That's not good.
But one build for a Con in 2 or 3 months is ok if its not so much armor.

Love the Halo 3 Marine. I'm currently in the process on trying to 3D print some of the pieces. I'm surprised there aren't as many marines as there are ODSTs in this group. I hope to see further progress on your build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back