Molding and Modeling Vs. Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agenator

Im going to start building my own armor and was wondering which technique would be better to use, pepakura or molding and modeling. I'm trying to do this as reasonably easy as possible but I still want a good sense of realism and not something that actually looks like paper (reffering to pepakrua). I was just wondering if
A. Which is better for realism
B. Is it possible to get pepakura on par with the realism of Molding and modeling (assuming that A's answer is molding and modeling)
C. Which is faster to build?
D. Can either be done in time for haloween for a complete novice?

I would say pepakura would be the fastest if you have all the material but not sure you'll get it in time for Halo-ween Helmet takes time I'm having problems with mine so far getting all the right bends and piecing together hard. I would say look in the creation section theres a lot of helpful tips around heres a links

Molded Armor Discussion
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showforum=1
Pepakura and Cardboard Armor
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showforum=12

ty for the reply, one other question, can somebody provide me with where to buy and how much bondo, resin, and fiberglass cost? I tried to look it up on costco, walmart pepboys etc. but none of their websites seem to list it... ANy help will be appreciated.

A. Which is better for realism - I say Molded because, you can do alot of detail on it
B. Is it possible to get pepakura on par with the realism of Molding and modeling (assuming that A's answer is molding and modeling)
- Yes, if you glaze it
- Eum, it's hard to say, Molding is very long to do, and folding too, I go for Pepakura is the faster way
- Nop :( I'm sorry.. I fyou want a suit for the halloween, you need to buy one or be Flash and do it at superspeed

Agenator said:
Im going to start building my own armor and was wondering which technique would be better to use, pepakura or molding and modeling. I'm trying to do this as reasonably easy as possible but I still want a good sense of realism and not something that actually looks like paper (reffering to pepakrua). I was just wondering if
A. Which is better for realism

I've seen some pretty good looking cardstock armor here
Probably the pep armor since you don't need to make the master mold first.
Not a chance, you got 4 days to get anything done before Halloween.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back