Props Pepakura MA5C (Assault Rifle)

Battle Rifle -VS- Carbine

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So DF4L just finished his Carbine, are you still going to do yours? Or focus your efforts on detailing the armor?

(Not that it matters, but my fingers are crossed for the armor. :whistle: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicktendo said:
So DF4L just finished his Carbine, are you still going to do yours? Or focus your efforts on detailing the armor?

(Not that it matters, but my fingers are crossed for the armor. :whistle: )
Well, this quote kind of refers to the fact that I got the armor models, and am working on those instead. :) (Better Armor Topic)
Robogenisis said:
Well, I'm going to hold off on making the next weapon in 3D, because I have other things I'm going to make first.

Just wondering.... I started making this today. I was baffled when i looked to put it together. The two types of lines for folds were almost the same. One of the is like this ------- is this the mountain fold? The other was the same style and the only difference is the size. Please help.
----- Mountain
or is the smaller one the mountain?

Why does everyone hate the carbine? There's only one good replica of it, and it's not even done!

Bull3t said:
Just wondering.... I started making this today. I was baffled when i looked to put it together. The two types of lines for folds were almost the same. One of the is like this ------- is this the mountain fold? The other was the same style and the only difference is the size. Please help.
----- Mountain
or is the smaller one the mountain?
I have answered this once before, and this is in the first post.
Robogenisis said:
The easiest way to assemble is the short dashes are valley folds, and the long dashes are mountain folds, with numbers on the outside.
Read the WHOLE post before you ask questions.

If you can get a sniper and pistol file (the same as the first page then we could give it to the members who are going to use it

when will i see great weapons such as the splaser, gravity hammer, missile pod, rocket launcher, and a good shotty???

Werd Nal said:
when will i see great weapons such as the splaser, gravity hammer, missile pod, rocket launcher, and a good shotty???

When they're released, or when you make them.

Vrogy said:
When they're released, or when you make them.

no crap. i was curious if they had any estimated date or if they were even considering ever doin these.

Werd Nal said:
no &$%@. i was curious if they had any estimated date or if they were even considering ever doin these.
Yeah, you only posted it in like 5 different threads. Just. Stop.

i have a mac (ouchies for pep stuff) and i downloaded your ma5b stuff (finally found someone smart enough to think about mac users) but it doesnt know what application to use to open it, and preveiw doesnt work, help

anonumiss said:
i have a mac (ouchies for pep stuff) and i downloaded your ma5b stuff (finally found someone smart enough to think about mac users) but it doesnt know what application to use to open it, and preveiw doesnt work, help

Several things,
1. It's the MA5C, not the MA5B

2.Yeah, with the whole having a mac thing, I know your pain (somewhat). I'm writing this right now on a Mac OS9 :eek:
I'm lucky that I have a XP also, and I can use the school ones, so I'm not doomed. :)

3. You're using OS X, right? My grandpa has an OS X, which I used everyday last year (he homeschooled me because he's a retired teacher), and it opens PDFs fine with Preview. You might just try downloading Adobe Reader. If you already have that, try looking for updates, and if that doesn't work either, then I'll upload some BMP files, I guess...

If you have an intel mac, try installing bootcamp. That would help you a lot.

sorry, i always was partial to he halo 1 ma5b (dunno why)
and yes i am using os x (i just got 10.6!!!!!! im gonna install it soon)
and hooray again for thinking of us mac users!
and i didnt think bootcamp was free, cool
STEVE JOBS 4EVER
except now it says that there is something wrong with the file like it was sent in an email as an attacthment and wasnt decoded properly, i think im just screwed for the rest of my life :(
but wait, THERES HOPE, 10.6 COMES WITH BOOTCAMP, HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

note to everyone. do not build in 2 parts and try to fit them together with tape. i am an idiot.

i kind of glued the tabs at the display and its really only being held together with a layer of scotch tape. but here is the picture i posted to another thread with my freshly finished product. the ruler is 12 inches.

just thought i'd through in my thoughts. great gun! my only problem with it so far is that there are a few pieces that wont fit onto one page no matter how you cut them. ex: the two identical big pieces between the ammo counter and the muzzle; the two same curved pieces from the end of the but to just over the thumb hole on the butt. if you could cut these in half that would be great or tell me what to do to fix it.

p.s. no dumbass "click divide/connect faces button and separate it so it will fit" plz (doesn't work)

One question. Why do you call it an MA5C when it's the MA5B model ripped straight from H1?

I built a slightly different one of these in August but I like yours much better because of the much improved piece layout.

Awsome job man!

Crook said:
just thought i'd through in my thoughts. great gun! my only problem with it so far is that there are a few pieces that wont fit onto one page no matter how you cut them. ex: the two identical big pieces between the ammo counter and the muzzle; the two same curved pieces from the end of the but to just over the thumb hole on the butt. if you could cut these in half that would be great or tell me what to do to fix it.

Not sure exacly what the problem is, but did you download the PDO or OBJ, and are you trying to scale it to full size, or keep it the way I scaled it? No one else has had that problem, and I've assembled it as well with no problem. The slightly scaled down version I posted is a good size for most everyone.

Yeah, I scaled it up to full scale. If you were to scale it to full scale, you'd see what I'm talking about. The best way i see to fit it would be just to chop them in half.

Crook said:
Yeah, I scaled it up to full scale. If you were to scale it to full scale, you'd see what I'm talking about. The best way i see to fit it would be just to chop them in half.

Can I advice to use a larger printer? A3 for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back