Props Pepakura MA5C (Assault Rifle)

Battle Rifle -VS- Carbine

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
spartan021 said:
when i print it off it comes out on only one piece of paper what can i do?

are u opening the OBJ or the PDO?

also, to the creator, is this scaled correctly? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks great! finally another person that takes a decent amount of time in unfolding something in pepakura. you can really tell when someone takes their time unfolding something correctly. and I'm impressed. ill definitely build this soon.
-----
edit-
just from eyeballing it, it seems to be pretty close to proper scale. weapons are hard due to the face pepakura can only plot the assembled height. so you have to do a little measuring to plot the overall length.
one thing that helps is to change the axis on the weapon, so that it stands vertically on its tip, then the assembled height magically becomes the length and you can build it to whatever size you please, if you build it to the official specs, its going to be a very big gun and look funny to hold, (its supposed to be held by a 7ft spartan) so scale it according to you, not master chief..

Deadandbroken said:
Can you please E-MAIL it to me @ Timebomb2343@aol.com im having trouble downloading "Mega UPLOAD"
RadioaciveMicrobe said:
how do you download it, I'm at the megaupload site, but theres no "download" button.
I changed the download location to 4-shared. Just wait a few seconds and the download button will pop up.

spartan021 said:
when i print it off it comes out on only one piece of paper what can i do?
If you only want to make it in paper, make sure you download the PEPAKURA MA5C. It has already been unfolded.
The OBJ is the original 3D model that you can still edit.

Rocknrollcows said:
To the creator, is this scaled correctly? o_O
I have it scaled to a 6' 4" person (76 scale). Full size is 7' 2" (86 scale). I liked the 76 inch scale, and it fit good in pepkura, so I went with that.

dannifood4less said:
it looks great! finally another person that takes a decent amount of time in unfolding something in pepakura. you can really tell when someone takes their time unfolding something correctly. and I'm impressed. ill definitely build this soon.
Thanks. :D

quixand_prop said:
Very Awesome work bro.
Here's a link to the file, Robogenisis' work, just rescaled and fit to Letter/Landscape, for those looking for an Authentic Replica size. 88cm.

Enjoy

Robogenisis MA5C (Assault Rifle) Rescaled Authentic Replica 88cm

I think the 88cm authentic size is the length with the barrel. Your rescale would make it about 95cm long. Plus it adds 18 pages.

Spartan 161 said:
I just downloaded the AR file and had a long look at it. Nice file! So what's next on your list Robogenisis?

I don't know. I'll post a new poll to see what's next.

quixand_prop said:
I don't count the barrel.

The barrel is only a couple inches anyways.
You need to count the barrel. If you tried this with a sniper rifle, it wouldn't work out to well.

imMonkeyGOD said:
I'm just wondering...is it properly scaled?

If you read the whole post you would have seen
"Full scale is 86 (MC's height in inches). This gun is scaled to 76 (for a 6' 4" tall person)"

Robogenisis said:
You need to count the barrel. If you tried this with a sniper rifle, it wouldn't work out to well.
If you read the whole post you would have seen
"Full scale is 86 (MC's height in inches). This gun is scaled to 76 (for a 6' 4" tall person)"
Without the barrel how long should it be?

If you scale it to 86, that will be proper scale. It would be 77.8cm long, 28.8cm tall, and 8.2cm wide.
My scale has it scaled to 76, with it 68.8cm long, 25.4cm tall, and 7.2cm wide.

I'll rearrange my first post to make everything more clear.

Are the small dashes valley and the big dashes mountain folds? And are the numbers on the inside or outside?

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Master Chef said:
Are the small dashes valley and the big dashes mountain folds? And are the numbers on the inside or outside?
The answer to that was in the first post, right above the animated slideshow, in bold.

The easiest way to assemble is the short dashes are valley folds, and the long dashes are mountain folds, with numbers on the outside.

Master Chef said:
THIS IS AWESOME!!!
Thank you. :D

Ok, I'm putting up a new, "Battle Rifle VS Carbine Poll. They are kicking butt against the other weapons, and they have been tied from the start.

I'm probably going to make the Carbine first anyway, unless the Battle Rifle gets way more votes. I would like the carbine, not so much the battle rifle.

Sounds good anyway. Iv'e got a favor to ask, hope it's not too much but I'd appreciate help. I downloaded your AWESOME AR!!! and Its all done (it was SOOO easy thanks!) except for the grips. You said you are making a gripless model, but could you also post a file of the "gripless" grip piece that would fit the old rifle? That way I could just print that and add it in. Its OK if the tabs don't match as long as it fits the area. Thanks!!

FINISHED MA5C!!! These were taken in the dark with my phone. Better pic's tomorrow.

[attachment=1815:1121070125.jpg]

Will continue in another post, Sorry! It wont let me upload more than one. Why idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back