HUNTER Main Battle Tank W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Shot

First off I would like to clarify the title. I'm dubbing this hunter suit i am building as a main battle tank for the D.R.O.P. Paintball team. In essence a hunter really is a walking tank. The suit will be tricked out with a rigket launcher, machine gun, stereo system, and some other paintball specific things.

Secondly i know there are a couple other hunter threads out there that i have posted in but i have chosen not to pounce on other people's turf.

Currently i am scratch building this out of cardboard (no templates or anything). when i am finished with the cardboard suit i will be fibre glassing it and then removing the cardboard. Eventually i may mold this but at this point i am not sure.

I plan on building a muscle suit to mimic the worm/ eel skin on the hunter. I will then paint it orange/ rust red.
I havent decided yet on how i want to do the spikes that come off of a hunter's back so input with that would be appreciated.
As for the height 9+ feet is a bit unstable for a paintball gam so i am going to fall somewhere in between 7-8feet (not sure yet as i dont have certain parts built.
to get an idea of the height though the 2 pieces of the sheild total over 6 feet when put end to end.

Shield- steel tip still needed
MVC-535F.jpg

MVC-536F.jpg

MVC-539F.jpg

Chest- this was at 2am
MVC-553F.jpg

Head-finished
MVC-552F.jpg

So far i have only run into one major problem with this project, I have no idea where to put something this big.

Nice Work Man!!

How are you planning on wearing the head ... i had earlier been thinking of doing a hunter and i planned on wearing an orange ski mask with eye holes than i just had the head piece on top of my head like a hat lol but that loooks fantastic

And for the Spikes you could just take like broomsticks/wooden dowels and cut them up then cover them with cardboard ... i was gonna load mine up on bed springs from my old mattress so that they bounced when i moved for a realistic feel ...

I had thought about doing this earlier ... kids play paintball in my woods all the time and i was gonna just one day charge in full hunter gear and destroy them with the air compressed paintball grenade launcher i was using for the fuel rod cannon .... i called the project off though :lol:

Real nice work on the Chest BTW!

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Nice Work Man!!

How are you planning on wearing the head ... i had earlier been thinking of doing a hunter and i planned on wearing an orange ski mask with eye holes than i just had the head piece on top of my head like a hat lol but that loooks fantastic

And for the Spikes you could just take like broomsticks/wooden dowels and cut them up then cover them with cardboard ... i was gonna load mine up on bed springs from my old mattress so that they bounced when i moved for a realistic feel ...

I had thought about doing this earlier ... kids play paintball in my woods all the time and i was gonna just one day charge in full hunter gear and destroy them with the air compressed paintball grenade launcher i was using for the fuel rod cannon .... i called the project off though :lol:

Real nice work on the Chest BTW!

I actually built the head as a helmet/hat kind of piece. It will sit on my head like a helmet and the front of it will come down to about the center of my nose. I found these spandex masks on ebay with screened eyes, i planned on getting one and using a muscle suit technique to give it the worm look (link up later).

That's a good idea for the spikes i'll have to try that when i get to the back, i think i might even try the spring idea. I may even actuate them so that i can make them raise and lower at will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Shot said:
That's a good idea for the spikes i'll have to try that when i get to the back, i think i might even try the spring idea. I may even actuate them so that i can make them raise and lower at will.

Yeah but i had found a problem being that you would have to make the spikes very heavy for the springs to work ... being that bedsprings are very large and require alot of weight to be compressed ... i would use smaller springs... i cant think of anything else to get them from though :cautious:

Hand wind your own springs from wire. If you want them big, do it around a baseball bat. If you want it smaller, do it around a pillar candle. Just use heavy gauge, and pliers.

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Yeah but i had found a problem being that you would have to make the spikes very heavy for the springs to work ... being that bedsprings are very large and require alot of weight to be compressed ... i would use smaller springs... i cant think of anything else to get them from though :cautious:

I figured bed springs would bee too big and i was gonna use some other type. I also figured out a practical use for the spikes, i'm goint to wire them up as my radio antennas for my 2 way that way i can get added strength in reception and output.

tsau-mia said:
Hand wind your own springs from wire. If you want them big, do it around a baseball bat. If you want it smaller, do it around a pillar candle. Just use heavy gauge, and pliers.

I'll have to give it a try. i've always wanted to make my own springs.

Dang.....Nice hunter armor dude!! Speaking of hunter armors, what ever happened to Monstermaker13's hunter costume that was near completion???

SpArtan-270 said:
Dang.....Nice hunter armor dude!! Speaking of hunter armors, what ever happened to Monstermaker13's hunter costume that was near completion???

He put his on hold while he is working on his Karas: the prophecy suit.

LastSpartan said:
I dunno, but this one owns!

I'm glad you think that.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Picture and status update.

A few min. ago i finished skinning the front of the vest and this is what i have .

Chest
MVC-557F.jpg

Wearing.
MVC-556F.jpg

Later tonight i am going to add the supporst and start laying out the back.

Last pic isn't the best but with a 1 meg camera i gotta try

ojrtega said:
i wanna see u attack some people with that suit in paint ball when ur done.

I can't wait for it either, the next scenario i'm going to is in march so i gotta get this done buy christmas, The carboard version atleast. After that i will fibre glass and the possibly mold the suit.

I'll have to give it a try. i've always wanted to make my own springs.

would trampoline springs work? Im pretty sure you can buy replacement springs in sports stores

NZ-TK said:
would trampoline springs work? Im pretty sure you can buy replacement springs in sports stores

I think that they'd be too strong, actually i think i have some springs lying around from a dryer that i could use

Skullcandy Girl said:
That is so damn awesome :D Great work so far :D

thank you

Wow. That is pretty sweet.

One suggestion, on the paint job make every color dark. I don't know how dark the Hunter is in Halo 3, but sometmes they can be bright and look silly. :D

Rid3r said:
Wow. That is pretty sweet.

One suggestion, on the paint job make every color dark. I don't know how dark the Hunter is in Halo 3, but sometmes they can be bright and look silly. :D

I'll have to lookin into the color scheme more when i get to that point but i was looking at starting with a bright shade and really dulling it down to get the wonr effect on the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back