A chep thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er4life

i was in search for a undersuit and found this..Full suit here

Or item number:190178375286.

Looks like its ventelated. Light weight to keep you cool in your armor. But shipping is expensive..thats a con imo. But i might consider buying one of these. Sorry if the pic is innapropiate. I figure most of us one here should be mature enugh to handle that.

The undersuit MC wears isn't skin tight. It has body and texture to it.

med_gallery_1915_5_356507.png

So a skin tight suit would be a good place to start and build up from. Like here. (Link credit goes to Long Shot)

i see were your goin. You have a good point. Mabey you could layer fabric and stuff on it to get texture. Idk. Someone do this and tell us how it works...

iamyourcousin228 said:
Someone do this and tell us how it works...
If it were only that easy! I'm actually eagerly awaiting BlueRealm posting more about the undersuit he's doing. The patterns he's done up look great so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.. But then again anything blue makes is awsome. even the ones he says are bad are some of the best.

23Magnum said:
There are others with some talent around here beside's bluerealm... Undersuit
I'm not saying there isn't, but frankly, just the samples he's put together are above and beyond pretty much everything I've seen here. Ideas are one thing, but he's showing results. I'd say the same thing if it were anyone else, but it just happens to be BR.

Good ideas always take time till they become reality. He's showing results because he has the means and talent to do so. I was merely pointing out that there are others with similar interests and possible talents. Mine and others' efforts will be shown soon enough and besides it's not a race. :cool:

-Magnum

Durlaburban said:
yeah thats cool and all but your guna need one kick ass undersuit to pull off the timeshift dude.

I know, don't worry buddy. I have every bit of confidence in myself. First thing I really need is $$$$$$$$ to make all my ideas real.

-Magnum

iamyourcousin228 said:
i see were your goin. You have a good point. Mabey you could layer fabric and stuff on it to get texture. Idk. Someone do this and tell us how it works...

Nicktendo said:
If it were only that easy! I'm actually eagerly awaiting BlueRealm posting more about the undersuit he's doing. The patterns he's done up look great so far.

I have an idea that may work for the look that you want.

Buy thin upholstery foam, i would say 1/8" and make sure it's a bit rigid.

Do not cut it into shapes, rather just attach it to your base suit (spandex) completely covering it.

Next put another suit, slightly textured over the spandex and foam one.

*here's where the plan comes in

Your suit should now make a sandwich that resembles this Textured/Foam/Spandex/body\Spandex\Foam\Textured

On the textured outer layer draw on your undersuit design/shapes/detail or what ever you wish to call it.

Next take your suit over to the sewing machine and simply sew along the lines you drew. This will give the suit that embedded armor look.

The only good ones so far are under armor for paintball or motorcycle jackets, many people wearing molded suits use them. They arent perfect, but they do look chiefy.

Also, 99 cent starting bid doesnt mean it is 99 cents, there is shipping and other things that can jack the price up.

Long Shot said:
I have an idea that may work for the look that you want.

Buy thin upholstery foam, i would say 1/8" and make sure it's a bit rigid.

Do not cut it into shapes, rather just attach it to your base suit (spandex) completely covering it.

Next put another suit, slightly textured over the spandex and foam one.

*here's where the plan comes in

Your suit should now make a sandwich that resembles this Textured/Foam/Spandex/body\Spandex\Foam\Textured

On the textured outer layer draw on your undersuit design/shapes/detail or what ever you wish to call it.

Next take your suit over to the sewing machine and simply sew along the lines you drew. This will give the suit that embedded armor look.

Stealing my idea... :p
Just kidding. Thanks for the ref. Magnum. Sorry I haven't started my undersuit yet, but I needed exact body measurements, which are hard to get when the person you're supposed to be measuring isn't supposed to know what you are doing. lol. He knows that I'm making him a suit now though, I couldn't wait to give him the helmet. So now I can take measurements and start. My mom will be giving me a sewing machine of hers, because she has two, and never uses either of them. Other than that, I already have (most of) my materials bought or picked out. My entire suit should be done around March, armour, undersuit and all.
You know, I have to go get a second job to support this hobby.... and pay the rent.

Check out price point and look at pressure suits, they are not cheap, but they give a good pressure suit feel. i'll have a pic up of mine in a few days

It does look like an excellent undersuit base for anyone out there planning on sculpting the suit and sewing/glueing the cast pieces on.. Also would be a good cheap undersuit for people who aren't concerned with the details.

Sean Bradley said:
It does look like an excellent undersuit base for anyone out there planning on sculpting the suit and sewing/glueing the cast pieces on.. Also would be a good cheap undersuit for people who aren't concerned with the details.

yes. I posted it becuse i didnt think everyone would want t spend super alot of money on a undersuit. This is just a little cheap thing that could be used to serve it purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back