Progress On My New Set Of Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
preskewl said:
Looks great so far, seeing all these.. I'm itching to start on my new projects.. Hurry up weather!!
I feel the same way, except for me it's more like "Hurry up, end of classes!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after a LONG break I finally have finished the bondoing on the helm and have started to paint it. Im using Adam's technique but im having problems with the "black wipe away" stage. I keeps wanting to smear and not wipe away. Anyway here is what I have done so far. Since ive taken these pics ive touched it up alittle. I was going to make it perfect smooth but then I got to thinking that the little pits in the bondo would give it more of a battle damaged look to it. But anyway here it is so far.

Edit: Accidentally deleted the pics but it was more of an experiment anyway so just look ahead to see finished product.

CPU64 said:
Oh yeah, that reminds me.
If you guys don't want to mess with glass cloth, look up "Self - Adhesive Fiberglass Mesh Tape" on google. You can buy it at any hardware store in the drywall section. its much cleaner to work with and you can layer it several times before you apply resin.
how many layers would you have to do to make it just as strong

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude ... One of the best armors I have seen since I first came to this site in September of 2007 (yes I re-registered). I cannot wait to see it completed. :lol:

Well I guess since im done painting the helmet I could post some photos. Its 100% painted except for maybe a flat clear coat. I have the padding for it (old motorcycle helmet liner) I just need to sew some velcro on the back of it so the liner can be taken out and washed. I also still need visors (dont know when that will be) and LEDs. But anyway here it is in most of its glory.

100_0779.jpg

100_0780.jpg

100_0781.jpg

100_0783.jpg

100_0785.jpg

100_0784.jpg

100_0778.jpg

100_0777.jpg

That looks pretty awesome. What did you do for the inside? As in did you also smoothed the inside as well and then padded it?

Wow (inpirational gasp, then faint... six hours later wake up.) ;) :eek: :lol: look at the emoticons to see most of my reactions.

I am also curious as to what padding you used there and where i might be able to get it....oh and props on the helmet, looks fantastic

wow, your really doing a great job! especially with those tough HD files,, you folded them very nicely.. i started the HD helm, its very overwhelming.

Thanks everyone for the complements. Im really pleased with how this came out. I might go and pick up some LEDs this week. What do you think I should go with blue or white. Im thinking white if I can get them. But as far as the padding goes I dissected an old dirtbike helmet I had lying around. And no I didnt smooth the inside. Its just fiberglass. And rvb18 got me thinking of where I came from. Now I just need to go get some more resin from work so I can get to work on the chest piece.

Out with the old
Picture045.jpg

And in with the new
100_0785.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back