Portal Gun Model 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

peek1.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJLF17C4
This is based off a model rip ingame and edited, it is my own edited model, so I wont be giving it away if you PM me.

There are now much larger pieces for a easier cut out and folding experience, all the previous interior detail that was there before is now gone. What you see on the outside is what you get.

I made the model into pieces for a better assembly, the gun would be too hard to build if you made it as 1 piece.

MAKE SURE YOU SCALE IT UP TO 1.5 TO 2 FEET LONG. IF YOU WANT THE GUN TO BE LIFE SIZED, THEN MAKE THE GUN SCALE 50-60cm TALL.

50-60cm meaning the gun parts laid out like in the pic, the actual gun when assembled will be smaller than pep says, so make sure you scale it up large enough so the final product is life sized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I play command and conquer 3 daily, one of my favorite games, my friend and I after school get on and play 1 match everyday, then we go off and play our other games online like cod4.

Thanks for the compliment about the model, I'm cutting the pep pieces now and cramming them to save paper.

There will still be a few small pieces, otherwise, the main shape of the gun will still be there.

This is what the gun looks like when done
pg2.png

This is what it looks like if you add the side claws and tubes.

portalpep.jpg

Hey, I'm not knocking your model at all (I really want to make one of these) but I just went into Portal and did some noclipping to take some screenshots real quick.

I understand that the model you got isn't circular, but it's meant to be circular in-game. So if you wanted to make the model as true-to-game as possible, maybe you should stretch the model so it is circular.

The reason why it is circular ingame is because of the rendering and anti aliasing/resolution of the screen, which makes it look smooth, another trick is, the first person model is just a top and barrel, it spawns a third person model when you die, which is what I used...or else the gun is impossible to make with the first person model.

Also, it isnt the smoothest, but any smoother and there will be 500 pages of work to do. If you scale the gun to accurate sizing, you will have to redo the layout of the pages, I forgot to scale the gun correctly and placed them this way, if you want a gun thats 1.5 feet or longer, then do the work, atleast I cut them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back