Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome stuff thor, I remember spending a good hour reading through your warhammer thread over at the rpf a while ago, and being hella impressed.

and you haven't ceased to impress with this project :)

Bravo, this work is very nice.
It is very inspirational to someone just starting (like myself) to see good armor like this.
(Even though I may not achieve this level of craftsmanship it gives me goals to aspire to.)

I have a question what type of program did u use to design that helmet I am unsuccesfully trying to make a helmet and I was wondering how u do it. It would be much easier if there were pre-drawn plans lol.

Renegade333 said:
I have a question what type of program did u use to design that helmet I am unsuccesfully trying to make a helmet and I was wondering how u do it. It would be much easier if there were pre-drawn plans lol.

Program = pepakura designer 2
How do you get it? Download it of its site.
Where do you get thelayouts? From Flying Squirrel and Robogenesis. They have threads with dowloadable custom Hi-res models :)

Last edited by a moderator:
PillowFire said:
One other thing, do you do any sculpting with clay?

Those Space Marine helmets were sculpted in clay before the molding and casting was done. Here's a shot of the sculpt in progress:

MoreNOV030.jpg

Renegade333 said:

You could go the same way I did, spend countless hours and no small amount of money and have a very heavy, slightly fragile pepakura-based paper helmet loaded with bondo. Or you could save yourself all sorts of strife and just pick up one of my raw castings in the classifieds. I'm all about making your life easier...

All your work is very impressive. It seems you have the experience and tools for the job which always makes things go smoother. I look forward to seeing what else you produce.

Rednimnam said:
What did you use to make the hose inserts near the mouth?

Flexible automotive wiring conduit that I picked up at the local Napa auto parts. I think this is basically what everyone uses.

Inredible work :D You folds and are soooooo crispy on the torso! I love the star craft stuff you made too, soooo awesome!!

Also I love that "Whatever" smiley patch on your coveralls :D Oh also the Lego Boba Fett, so adorable!

So many skilled people keep popping up it's very inspirational :D

very nice. i have a question about casting it though, and can't seem to find any real answers due to my noobish abilities.

for the molding and casting, is the silicone one whole part like Adam's video of the (I think) ODST helmet?
and if so, when you cast it, did you just slush around some liquid plastic, like centrifugal casting or something?
because if that was the case, then with the master chief helmet, wouldn't most of the liquid plastic just get caught around the visor, since it isn't really too much of a bucket? i want to try to mold a pep MC helmet, but i'm just unsure of the way to go about it =\

but yes, your work is very nice

Most of the people uses this method. You must move the plastic so it touch everywhere before it hardens. And a lot of layers.

Today's progress pics:

PEPmodelTorso005.jpg

PEPmodelTorso004.jpg

Next steps: Pep models of the boots and reinforcing/fairing the torso.

Stay tuned.

very, very nice. =D :lol: i love this helmet. :love: freakin amazing... just one question... what is the high res pep file that you used?

Fallout said:
what is the high res pep file that you used?

The HD Torso by flying squirrel. It's from THIS THREAD. That's where I got both the helmet and torso models.

I'm surprised there were no other comments on the torso armor.

'Glassing and reinforcing the torso today. Then I can do some bondo work in preparation for making the molds. Pep models of the boots are in progress. Somewhere along the way I've got to do some work on my boat.

This is lookin pretty awesome, and nice job so far on the torso.

How long did that beast take you to assemble? I downloaded the file, opened it, took one look and immediately closed it. After putting together one of FS' HD helmets, I really am not looking forward to that detail on a large scale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back