Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
where did you get the design

www.zombo.com. You can do anything at Zombocom!

If that's not helpful, consider reading a few of the stickies, tutorials, FAQs, or even a few other posts in this very thread before asking a question that's been answered many many many many times over. Also, try HERE.

RvB was short for Red vs Blue. After showing them this thread the reply was "Great! when do we start ours???"

Sorry about that. It's a tough row to hoe. Hopefully you're the Joe to hoe it.

In other news, work continues apace on the rest of the builds. I've cleaned out the local fabric store's entire stock of black pleather and web straps and buckles twice now on the way to building undersuits and neckseals. Right now I've got neckseals for just about everybody:
5106588300_f658f3301a_o.jpg

Since the Reach launch, our costuming group also has a new recruit who has been helping me out in the shop a bit lately. She will be Donut (mostly because she wants pink armor). Here she is showing off her boots:
5106588060_25c4835c74_o.jpg

Aside from that, I was looking around the shop the other day and decided that I don't have enough weaponry for the whole group. While Grif will be armed with a traffic cone and I can make pistols for everyone else. I still only have one assault rifle and two SMGs to split out between the teams. That's why I had Lopez start this:
5105992767_09d0848361_o.jpg

Here's the new recruit holding it for scale reference:
5106587824_33a08a5e64_b.jpg

Stay tuned...

I've cleaned out the local fabric store's entire stock of black pleather and web straps and buckles twice now on the way to building undersuits and neckseals.
Since you are dealing with a pretty massive build, you may want to check out Strapworks. Way better prices than retail and all the buckles and strapping choices you need. I have purchased from them a number of times for making various airsoft stuff.

I wonder about Halloween :D
I wish I could be there to have a live look on that huge thing :D

I guess you'll make it in time?

Excuse me sir, were you up at New York City for a tv show filming during May of 2010. I came across someone who is in the military who went as a master sergeant who said he built that his own?
The show in question is Sci Fi Science: Physics of the Impossible with Dr. Michio Kaku.

I guess you'll make it in time?

Making progress:
72218_455532976249_508181249_5378978_6487899_n.jpg

Excuse me sir, were you up at New York City for a tv show filming during May of 2010. I came across someone who is in the military who went as a master sergeant who said he built that his own?
The show in question is Sci Fi Science: Physics of the Impossible with Dr. Michio Kaku.

It wasn't me. I'm a lieutenant commander in the naval reserve and I haven't been to New York since 2006.

This made me so mad after a while

Sorry about that. I intended the zombocom thing as a way to annoy an annoying noob whose first post ever could be paraphrased as "I'm too lazy to read anything and I want you to hand me answers instead of looking something up." Still, you can do anything at Zombocom...

I read earlyer in the thread that you sprayed the inside of the visor with mirra chrome. Witch in effect made the veiw a bit fuzzy . Why not just use mirror window tint 35 or 25% tint would give the face shield the mirror effect you disire, without sacrificing vision.. its fairly easy to use to 10min with some windex and a heat gun an boom smexy visor .. just a thought

P.s. I'm posting from my lg ally and the key board sucks so please excuse my ratard spelling

Good evening Thorssoli,
I am a "new recruit" here at the 405th and have over the last couple days read the 103 pages of your build project. I must say that it is very much appreciated how you have taken the time and energy to share such thorough and comprehensive posts. All of the links and recommended reading you have generously supplied are quite invaluable to a 'n00b' like me. Your work is fantastic and shows true passion. I can't wait to see the haloween pictures with the whole mob of you guys in a picture together!

Cheers!

Blue suit is done:
5138026241_a59f656a83_b.jpg

Along with seven others:
150068_455737098613_733753613_5237261_6450284_n.jpg

I've been processing the hundreds of build photos from the past couple of weeks, so it'll be a while before I post them all. Here's one of my favorites though:
5138013519_0e6524f309_o.jpg

And another:
149796_459550391249_508181249_5450999_4816469_n.jpg

I've got to work on my blog updates. Meanwhile, would someone please try to make sense out of noob questions #1033 and #1034 and answer them. I doubt they'll check back in, but it's nice to be helpful.

Thor it's amazing to see your whole crew together, it brings tears of joy :)

is it bondo fiberglass resin or bondo body filler?

to smooth out the already strengthened pieces it is bondo body filler, to strengthen the pepakura file it would be resin and fiberglass cloth.

i'm kinda new to this and i want to know what kind of material is used to create the mold the bondo fills

The molds are made of silicone rubber, with I believe a shell of fiberglass.

Dang. Almost the entire cast of Red vs. Blue can be accounted for. lol.
From left to right: Doc, Tucker, Simmons, Grif, Sister, Church and Sarge.

Saw the helmets on Halo Waypoint's facebook and I was like "Damn, thor's been busy!" :D

This thread is pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back