Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow i love those pics the best one was the one you said was your fav

p.s you guys need to do some kind of video (rvb?) with all of you in it would be awesome

I thought that you were going to be doing a whole red a blue team thing though?

Maybe you're not looking at the same picture everyone else is. I had all of the main characters except for Tucker, Tex, and Donut.

If you need more, here's a few shots of us getting suited up on Halloween:
5138025577_8f72b1bd3f_o.jpg

5138025951_91fa55cdf0_o.jpg

5138635620_cfa6bae9cc_o.jpg

5138026723_6ee36fb228_o.jpg

5138635034_8dcc9f66dd_o.jpg

Here I am all dressed up:
5138026241_a59f656a83_b.jpg

5138026813_a35bd87c67_o.jpg

Here's a few of us screwing around at the Vietnam Experience exhibit in front of the local museum:
5138635738_88c160767c_o.jpg

Here's Noah (Caboose) taking a brief break:
5138025735_c885c46787_o.jpg

But this was my favorite pic of the night when Noah offered to hold some guy's sign so he could preach:
5138634840_f3c8dc96e2_o.jpg

There's more still in my blog. CLICK HERE.

it's threads like these that make me want to go out and order a ton of armour and airsoft guns and have a giant fight, just for fun..... it's my girlfriend that brings me back to sanity...

good work! (btw my friends and i might try all pitching together to each get one of lees magnums, but were not rich enough to go past that....)
:)
have fun scaring kids who play COD!

I hope you don't mind me telling but Caboose wears a Halo 3 MKV helmet.........I <3 Caboose!!!

Caboose only wears the H3 MkV helmet in the three most recent seasons. So I'm just as right as you are.

If you're really on top of your nitpicking, this is where you point out that the fact that all of my costumes have the H3 handplates means that they're clearly from the last three seasons and so the Caboose helmet is still wrong.

If you can find a decent 3D model of the H3 MkV helmet, I'll gladly crank one out. I built the flyingsquirrel pep model (twice) and I'm still not happy with it.

Yay! I'm looking forward to that professional shoot you hinted at ;-)

I'm wondering, was there some technical advantage in taking the LEDs out of flashlights, or were the flashlights just easier to find than the LEDs alone?

The flashlights were sold in 3-packs for about $17. A Luxeon LED typically goes for about $5 and still needs to be wired to a resistor and mounted on a heat sink. With the flashlights, all of this was pre-assembled and came with a handy reflector. It means wasting lots of flashlight parts, but breaking down the flashlights was much simpler and cheaper than finding and wiring up all of the other components.

I could've gone with cheaper LEDs, but the Luxeons are the current state of the art and I figured that if I was building headlights into the helmets they might as well be useful.

As an added bonus, the 3-packs came with thre AAA batteries for each flashlight, so now I've got 99 spare batteries sitting around.

Maybe you're not looking at the same picture everyone else is. I had all of the main characters except for Tucker, Tex, and Donut.

Oooohhh... your following along with the Redvs.Blue characters. I thought you meant red versus blue in a litteral sense, such as redvs. blue online (teams of read and blue). =P

The flashlights were sold in 3-packs for about $17. A Luxeon LED typically goes for about $5 and still needs to be wired to a resistor and mounted on a heat sink. With the flashlights, all of this was pre-assembled and came with a handy reflector. It means wasting lots of flashlight parts, but breaking down the flashlights was much simpler and cheaper than finding and wiring up all of the other components.

Well, I guess that qualifies as an advantage :-D

Luxeons are the same price around here, but flashlights apparently aren't. Any flashlight cheaper than a Luxeon package will not have a Luxeon, but rather three or four cheap 5-mm-LEDs. Those are good for "Hey look, my helmet has a light!", but not for actually lighting the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back