Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
which exact file did you use for the helmet in your first post?

It's been three years since I pepped the helmet you're talking about. I have no recollection of which exact file it was, but the HD model was from flyingsquirrel. You can still find it at the HALO costuming wiki for download. Good luck.

In other news, the cascade of mold failures continues:
6079780147_5f5dc33343_b.jpg

This is what was left of the helmet mold after it gave birth to its last casting. It was a sad day, but it gave me a reason to finally go back and fix all of the tiny, annoying details I've found wrong with my helmet model over the years. Stand by for a much-refined version 2.0.

REMIX! lol cant wait to see the V2. Im sure it will be awesome sauce!

Anyways, I was lucky enough to get one of these Helms as well. Definitely a great piece to compliment my collection. I lit a candle and had a moment of silence to commemorate the departure of our dearly beloved and celebrate the coming of a new.lol, Keep doing what you do Thor!

-Tony

I made a bit of progress on the new helmet prototype today:
6154469721_358a4588c2_b.jpg

I'm re-working the boots too:
6155012748_5c2b928430_b.jpg

The boots are the bigger priority. At the rate I'm going I should be ready to mold them in the coming week.

Stay tuned...

I'm adding a tiny bit of width in the middle portion of the sole. Then I'll be resculpting the sole altogether.

The main motivation behind the new prototype is making a mold that's easier to use. I figured as long as I was making a new mold, I might as well fix everything that's been bothering me.

Same goes for the helmet. There's only a handful of things I didn't like about my version 1, but I'm going to fix all of them.

I'm adding a tiny bit of width in the middle portion of the sole. Then I'll be resculpting the sole altogether.

The main motivation behind the new prototype is making a mold that's easier to use. I figured as long as I was making a new mold, I might as well fix everything that's been bothering me.

Same goes for the helmet. There's only a handful of things I didn't like about my version 1, but I'm going to fix all of them.

Good to hear! I'm interested to see your V2 helmet when your done with it!

Sorry for the lack of updates, folks, but this got moved to the backburner with my other big builds going on. Still, I finially made new molds for the boots. Here they are in action:
6286570670_63d38499e0_o.jpg

Here's one of the first pulls:
6286570712_ca6c4f3957_o.jpg

Unlike the original molds I did for these, the new molds go together quick and easy with six wingnuts on the bottoms. Instead of the three-man silicone wrestling match I had to put up with before, the new molds can be easily poured by one person. The best part is the soles. They come out with much better detail now:
6286570594_f87a8f9a35_o.jpg

I'll be back to work on helmet upgrades next week. For now I'm trying to finish my Space Marine build. Wish me luck.

Boots look great. I'll grab a pair soon

I purchased a this armor set. So far songood. But I see your retired the torso. I'm thinking mine came from it Brie pieces don't even come close to matching. Any chance you made a new mold? This ones going to take a lot of work. Lol. Would like to buy a one piece torso mold?

Thanks. Shawn

While I haven't worn them for a long time, I have done enough to know that the boots are pretty comfortable. Even with my heal spurs, they aren't bad at all. Shawn's boot molds get two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

More Video from Maker Faire

Interviewer asked me about how I make my weapon props. Then ran the audio over some great video of my crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just Read through this whole Topic.. Again. Lol

I was printing photo's of your different mounting methods. As well as trying to figure out where all these little pieces you sent me went.
I also found that the PRC epoxy we use at work for sealling aircraft fuel tanks, bounds these pieces togethor like cement :)

Trying to find someone to stitch me a copy of your undersuit now:)

Keep up the good work!

EDIT:
Helms always look big on smaller spartans, Have you ever thought of building a two piece helmet? Could get a tighter fit, better ratio?

Edit #2::
Could you post pics of how your diaper goes togethor? Having a hard time allinging the parts. It looks to me like the front piece should be overlapped by it's attaching pieces? and the rear piece just butts togethor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back