Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Community Maj. Pain here. Its been awhile, but im back. Had to comment on Chuy124's fantastic suit. Came out real nice homie. Great work! Also, thanks for the name drop there Spartan 051. I got something for ya:

http://www.4shared.com/file/g3vJs_IU/carmine_chest.html

Carmine chest in .obj fomat. You get it modified, and i'll take care of the unfold. Lets get some GOW 3 builds ready for next year. Good luck.

Maj. Pain

Hey Maj. Pain, thanks for the compliment and I wanted to personally thank you and spartan 051. I have made armor before, I did master chief,but this time with tips from everyone on this forum I was able to create a great looking suit with a lot more detail than my Halo suit. I could not had done it without you guys. I wish I documented and took more pictures but in some steps I completely forgot until it was already done. One new technique was the use of hard foam, I found it in the dollar store. It gave the chest piece and thigh pieces the right thickness that resembles the plates covering the armor. I found the foamies to be more usefull for the top trim and back trim because it is thinner and easier to bend. Anyway for those that decide to use hard foam, it has a sticker says adams plastics www.readiboard.com and says foamboard white a 2x4 piece was $1 and I only used 3. I want to thank everyone on the forum who posted their ideas. I spent about 4 weeks and 6 hours a day but it was worth it. Thanks again guys.

soo wot do i have to do 4 it to work on my pepakura then?

Fox, the files provided are in .rar format, which means you need to install winrar to open the file. Once the file is open, you will find the pep files inside, which you can drag and drop onto your desktop or double click em and they will open in pepakura. Your problem, you don't have winrar installed so you can't open the rar file. If you already have the rar file from page 1 on this forum, then all you need to do is install winrar and then open the file. hope this helps you.

just wanted to show my progress on my cog armor here is some pics
my boots
IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

my belt with lights
IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

my glove and wrist with lights
IMAG0129.jpg

my elbow pads
IMAG0142.jpg

my armor with lights
IMAG0100.jpg

mounted switch on side of chest armor
IMAG0136.jpg

delta squad logos I made on my graphics machine
IMAG0135.jpg

cog logo I made on my graphics machine
IMAG0132.jpg

armor with room lights off
IMAG0138.jpg

pics of me wearing what i have done so far still working on thigh and bicep armor
cogarmor002.jpg

cogarmor001.jpg

cogarmor003.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

Sorry if I'm being a nuisance, I didn't want to start a new thread for it, and I figured if anyone would be interested, they would be here, but I'm planning on building the Gears 3 armor, and was wondering if anyone else was perhaps working on models?

Personally, I'm scratch building this suit (eva foam) but in order to do so I'll be needing a hell of a lot of reference (already accumulated all I can for the chest) and some photoshopping skill (for diagrams) so if anyone is interested in helping out, a PM would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Haven't looked through the entire thread yet, but Chuy and Tomray... your sets are unbelievable. I originally came to the 405th with the plans of learning enough to build a Theron...lol yeah that fell through (couldn't find any files, ah well) but yeah, deffinitly makes me want to come back to Cog/gears based armor

is there a .pdo file for this armor? I tried the link in the first post and its a .rar file. when i try to open it after download it want to open in the media player for some reason.

Haven't looked through the entire thread yet, but Chuy and Tomray... your sets are unbelievable. I originally came to the 405th with the plans of learning enough to build a Theron...lol yeah that fell through (couldn't find any files, ah well) but yeah, deffinitly makes me want to come back to Cog/gears based armor

They are out there look threw the thread an use the search an look around on the site i know there some out there just alot of the grunt work needs to be done

is there a .pdo file for this armor? I tried the link in the first post and its a .rar file. when i try to open it after download it want to open in the media player for some reason.

you need winrar to open them rar is used to keep the files smaller so there quicker to download an you can have alot of files in one with out take so much space

im sorry if im asking an answerd qwestion but i tried my but to read the whole tread but dose any 1 have the link to the gears of war legs and btw im loveing the dizzy costume hes my favourite charicter and all ur costumes are completly awsome

Pepakura lancer

ola tipos, aqui les dejo mi "pepakura ultimate lancer" quedo bastante bien , solo tiene un error en la cacha , esta muy grande

perdon si no entienden lo que digo por que estoy traduciendo del "español"jaajajajajaja
hjajajaxDXDXD

PDT. VIVA MEXICO
------------------------------------------------------
hello guys, here I leave my "ultimate Pepakura lancer" is pretty good, just an error in the butt, this very large

sorry if you do not understand what I say because I'm translating from the "Spanish" jaajajajajajajajajaxDXDXD

PDT. VIVA MEXICO
m6zE11495937-02.jpg

fvY.b4715671-02.jpg

TDta62161169-02.jpg

qtIkZa291854-02.jpg

HnBpnP917979-02.jpg

liKdkY007318-02.jpg

Tomray, very nice work. I got many of the detail ideas from you and just wanted to say it looks great. I like the lights on the hands and belt.

ola tipos, aqui les dejo mi "pepakura ultimate lancer" quedo bastante bien , solo tiene un error en la cacha , esta muy grande

perdon si no entienden lo que digo por que estoy traduciendo del "español"jaajajajajaja
hjajajaxDXDXD

PDT. VIVA MEXICO
------------------------------------------------------
hello guys, here I leave my "ultimate Pepakura lancer" is pretty good, just an error in the butt, this very large

sorry if you do not understand what I say because I'm translating from the "Spanish" jaajajajajajajajajaxDXDXD

PDT. VIVA MEXICO
m6zE11495937-02.jpg

fvY.b4715671-02.jpg

TDta62161169-02.jpg

qtIkZa291854-02.jpg

HnBpnP917979-02.jpg

liKdkY007318-02.jpg

Nombre, se mira con ganas, buen trabajo. Cuanto te tardastes en hacerlo? Y no te preocupas, si se puede entender lo que escribistes in ingles
con el traductor, mas o menos. ;)

Translation for every one else: Dang, thats awsome, good job. How long did it take you to make it? Do not worry, we can understand what you ment by using the translator, more or less.

Been awhile since I've posted here.
Good to see some COG suits poppin' up!
LOOKING GREAT!

Quick question. I need a favor from one of you Gear heads out there.

I would love it if someone would post some nice sized "Full Body" shots of the NECA A.Carmine toy if you've opened it.
The front, back, and both sides would be perfect.
:cool

First attempt at foam armor. Went a little rogue on the design and stopped looking at reference pics, but everything looks better with paint.
downsizei.jpg

Been awhile since I've posted here.
Good to see some COG suits poppin' up!
LOOKING GREAT!

Quick question. I need a favor from one of you Gear heads out there.

I would love it if someone would post some nice sized "Full Body" shots of the NECA A.Carmine toy if you've opened it.
The front, back, and both sides would be perfect.
:cool

I have been looking for those images for a while never seam to come up it would be really handy to make the carmine 3d file into a much cleaner and nicer looking file

^ do you have the campaign ony cog?
i am trying to build the helmet from scratch, but i cant get any decent refrence pics.
also, is anyone started on some gears 3 models?
we need them for the launch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back